That Dominic...there's just something about him.
I didn't mean for the last post to get so deep.
I just wanted to share some of the cute things dd does.
Like today. We went to a rummage sale. I was carrying a bunch of stuff, had Sam in the sling, and was nearing the end of our trip. I was a little reluctant to leave, just kinda wondering, seaching for that last hidden treasure. We walked past the shoes, took a quick glance and I finally decided we just had to get going. As we're walking away, Dominic grabs my hand an kinda off-handidly says "But there were some speedracer shoes there."
It took me a minute, but I think he was telling me he wanted to get them. I almost ignored the comment. As if hit by a bolt of lightning, I suddenly tuned into DD:
"You did see speedracer shoes?"
"You did see speedracer shoes?"
"Yeah."
"Show me where. Did you want to get them?"
"Yeah."
So he took me back and we checked the size. Sure enough, they were his size, and in very good condition. In the bag they went.
It so funny how different DD and Rose are. If it were Rose (or myself) wanting a new pair of shoes, it would be very clear, especially if we didn't get them. But DD, in his sweet, quiet way, just told me there was a nice pair of shoes over there. What a humbling example.
Not that DD never throws a fit over things he doesn't get.
And I guess it was only a pair of shoes, not like a new sword or something.

2 comments:
Simon is that way too, sort of quiet and if you're not paying attention you'll miss it. Whatever "it" may be.
Gotta love that DD!
When I see him I can't wait to see what he pulls out of those pockets of his. Amazing the things in there.
It is going to be so fun to see him grow. He has a great personality. he reminds me in ways of Mike, maybe that is why they are buddies.
It reminds me to stop and listen sometimes cause you can a lot from kids. And if you don't listen just think of the things you could miss!
Post a Comment