Mother's day was very nice this year. The weather was beautiful. We got to go to Mass as a family. Dan had to count after Mass. I saw him talking to Rose immediately after Mass, and giving her instructions of sorts. They were selling flowers after Mass for mothers as a fund-raiser for Dayton Right to Life. I figured he was telling her to buy one for me. Very sweet. I took the kids to the statue of the Blessed Mother where we prayed a simple Hail Mary in honor of Mother's day.
When we finished, we went to the back of church, and Rose squeaked away from me. We caught up with some other family members. Rose came back with one sweet yellow carnation, and proudly said "Happy Mother's day, mommy!" Now me, being the big sap that I am, was so delighted to see her smile, and hold that flower out to me, I just couldn't blink back the tears as I gave her a big hug. How cheesy is that! And I even knew she was going to get me a flower, but I was still so touched by it all.
We went out to breakfast after Mass with Dan's family. The lot of us make up a party of 19 now. Cool. Pretty soon we'll just have to rent out a private room or something!
The breakfast was nice and I was quite impressed with the service. Our meals were served very quickly, and they were yummy. The kids even behaved. Wow!
When we got home, we did a May crowning of our own at home. It was simple, and sweet. Dominic decided he wanted to crown Mary this year, so Rose had to give up that coveted job... for the time being. I just love this dress on Rose, and DD in his suit.
We took our first bike ride of the season over to Lorraine's to visit with my family. We took the sidewalk most of the way, which I didn't like, and it was kind of a tiring ride there. It was nice to see the family and visit for a while. We didn't stay too long, since we had to bike back. The ride home was surprisingly much easier. There was one big hill, but other than that, it was great!
So we had a busy day, but I still got to relax in the evening, and see the final episode of the amazing race!
I hope all you mama's out there had a nice mother's day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment