Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our sweet  Samuel's birthday was Friday, May 22. He is now 2! Hard to believe, he's so little!  But a cute cutie. 

 His birthday was pretty low key. We didn't do anything too extraordinary.  He got a little John Deere push car that he loves.  He also got a couple light sabers- a must for survival in this house. They did play in the sprinkler for the first time this year, and loved it!

 
His cake was a simple carrot cake w/cream cheese icing.  For fun, I put it in a bundt pan.  The kids and I have been talking about making him a curious george cake.  Perfectly suited for him, my curious little brown-eyed, monkey baby.  I half-heartedly looked online for ideas  (after DD's cake, I was a bit burnt out on icing).  I thought back to some little toy we probably got out of a free box at a garage sale: a little curious george figurine.  It kept coming to mind as I was searching through cake after cake of artist-quality george cakes, and I knew this figurine was going to be the extent of my george cake.
His annual doc appt. had him weighed in at a whopping 23lbs!  I just love my shrimps!  It makes me chuckle to hear the docs say,
"Well, he's on the growth chart now.  5th percentile for weight and 3rd for height."  
I kinda like our pediatrician, so I have no desire to tell him where I'd like to shove his percentiles and growth charts. He's respectful of me and my shrimps, so that's enough for me.  I know they're growing just fine. Sam had no interest in his hi-five games and 'follow the light'.  He belted out cry after gurgling cry the whole time being examined, starting with that innocent stethoscope. Oh well, we're good to go for a year.  I'm happy with that.

So, my sweet Sam.  You're such a fun addition to our family.  You make us smile, and it is so fun to do things just to see your smile!  Your sister and brother adore you, and fight each night at dinner to sit next to you. 

 Rose has been known to cry your name when her mean old mommy disciplines her.  Dominic just loves ya.  Loves wrestling, and playing cars, and army men, and trains and 'swords'.  Loves swinging on the swing set with you.
 It's so cute how you're getting the hang of playing 'house' with the kids, and you get to be the baby.  I love how you talk, and say so many cute words. Especially when you say " 'mere", and beckon me with your little finger.  How can I help but follow!  You always put a smile on Daddy's face when you greet him at the door after a long day's work by repeating 'daa'y, daa'y,'.  You won't stop until he picks you up and hugs you. You bring us all such joy and laughter, and definitely keep us on our toes.   We love ya, our little Sam Sam. :)



1 comments:

Janelle said...

He is so cute! Happy birthday to Sam!

Post a Comment