I'm now on our summer schedule. It means a load of laundry and on the clothes line every day, as opposed to doing it all in one day. Dinners on the grill most every night, as opposed to warm, yummy stews and cassaroles. Staying outside every opportunity possible, which means late day lunches of...ham and cheese, fruit and veggies cut up, chips and salsa, yogurt. Any or all of those items. Sometimes just chips and salsa! Too busy for lunch. The house is a wreck for days on end till I can't stand it anymore, or it rains. Then I spend one or two days cooking, cleaning, and organizing. Then it starts all over again.
Garage sale season is in high gear. We were so fortunate to have Dan along last Sat. He's been doing a pretty extensive side job every Sat. and he had last Saturday off. Yeah! It was fun. Found some good things for camping and gardening.
I found out I could get free compost as a benefit of being a Kettering resident (who knew?), so I took dan's truck and got a bunch. Not enough. I got about half way through the garden, and I know I'll need more. It' makes the garden look so nice! I'm using it almost like mulch, because we can't till it in at this point.
Then I got some mulch from freecycle that I'm going to put on the 'paths' in the garden. I can't wait! It'll look like one of those pictures in my book. I think I'm going to write a book called Freecycle Gardening! It's amazing what you can get from others.
Ahh, but I can't have the joy of doing all that just yet.
I have to finish a sling for a new mama tonight, then switch to birthday mode again. Our little Sammy will be two tomorrow. I have to put my brain to figuring out a Curious George cake. A simple one. No more camo or tank cakes for at least a year!

2 comments:
How fun! I'm glad you are enjoying summer! We have a few more days of school (till next Friday) and then we'll kick into summer gear.
Happy 2nd Birthday Sammy!
Peggy you are going to be a cake making pro by the end of May! have fun!
Post a Comment