Rose has been a hoot lately.
The other day, we were driving in the car. Her and Dominic had been bickering as usual. Oh yeah, we were leaving the bagel store, and headed to the park. The 'quick' trip in the store started great, but ended with the two kids pushing each other and crying because I told them to sit on their designated chairs while I finished my order. Upon getting in the car, I dished out the discipline for their less than desired behavior. After driving a bit, Rose was talking to Dominic, and not in her usual scolding "little mommy" way. She was quite matter of fact when telling him:
"Dominic, you just can't push. Pushing is not good. Do you think Mary and Joseph pushed? No."
Then today we were walking in Jo-Ann's looking at fabric. I had just started down the isle and was kinda talking out loud to the kids saying I was looking for a simple, plain fabric. I found a nice print and pulled it out to look at it and Rose said,
"No, mom. That looks like it's from the nineteen eighties."
Sure, loud enough so the lady and her daughter in the isle walked past snickering.
(And by the way, the print was not nineteen eighties at all).
I guess that reminds me of being in the grocery store with the kids a couple weeks ago. We were in Meijer and I can't remember what I said, or if I had to go back to some part of the store because I forgot something. Rose, exasperated, remarks, 'we've been in the store a thousand hours'. Yeah, more snickering from those mamas who don't have young kids with them.

1 comments:
They're all just laughing because they didn't have to bring their kids and it could have been them!
Post a Comment