Our best garage sale find this year has been this little bird feeder. We got it for practically nothing, bought some seed for goldfinch birds, and that's it. What easy summer entertainment! Usually whenever we are eating a meal, we'll see a bird there that catches the kids attention. They are such cute little things. We've learned to distinguish between the 'mommy' and 'daddy' birds. This one is a boy one, being so bright yellow.
It's really neat, because I don't remember doing much of any bird studying when I was young. I probably couldn't tell you the name of any birds! But it's fun to be able to observe them in our yard and learn a bit about them.
And it sure catches their attention quickly, so they will stop crying and fighting and whining if I say, "Look! There's a finch in the feeder!"

2 comments:
Cecilia was telling me all about your feeder after they stayed with you. She just couldn't get how come the boy ones were always so pretty and not the girls. just not fair in her world. Vinny thought it was great too. Vinny says we should feed the birds, too.
Sounds like fun, cheap entertainment!
I've been thinking about adding a bird feeder outside the kitchen window. If it stops the crying/fighting/whining, I'm in!
Post a Comment