Can there be too many good books out there? I am a book fiend, like my dad. Love good books. I remember in fifth grade, I took the bus (city, not school bus) to school. I once missed getting off at the stop in front of the school because I was reading a Little House on the Prairie book, and so engrossed. (I quickly panicked when I realized this, got off at the next stop, ran to school, and then tried to casually slip amongst my friends without being noticed by my fellow bus-riders, who found me and humiliated me anyway...ah, that great school socialization for ya). But I digress...
So I do love to read, and I've got quite a collection of various topic books. Really into the motherhood books, of course, and I just keep finding more of them, and it's so hard to turn them away, because there's just too many good ones! Again, is that possible?!
I've already committed to three separate 'groups' to reading three books this summer! While it all is very enjoyable reading, and should be a pleasure to read, I find myself swamped with other summer things as well. You know, gardening, swimming, garage saleing :) - having my own garage sale!, strawberry picking, letterboxing...and the list goes on (oh yeah, cooking, cleaning, dusting...yeah. lots of that in the summer too :) (ha ha)
I guess I'll just have a book handy in the van, by the couch, in the bathroom :), wherever so I can squeeze in some reading in our busy fun schedule.
Maybe when I'm old and grey I'll be able to sip lemonade in the summer, while swinging in my hammock, reading a good...novel! Now that's a dream for me!

2 comments:
So many books, so little time!
I second that!!
Post a Comment