We've made it, one more year.
It's gardening season, which means tilling up the soil to plant our goodies. Ahhh, the tiller. It's a relic from Dan's parents, and a good one at that. But...it's always a mystery if it's going to work each year. It' has it's problems (Dan knows all the details). All I know, is that despite it's excellent pedigree, every year is the same. We un-bury it from the garage. Dan puts new fuel in and tries to start it. You hear it start, and die. And start, and die. And start, and run, and...die. After 20 min. or so of this (giving me plenty of time to get the kids ready to 'go watch daddy till') I hear it chugging, and it's not dying! Yes! We all race outside to see Dad moving the tiller down the hill toward the garden. It stayed running remarkably well while Dan tilled. I was just so proud of him. Then we typically put it away, and go through the ordeal next year! We have a mind to use it for a couple more things this year, so we'll see if it will keep plugging away.
This is the earliest we've gotten our garden started, and I'm very hopeful for it this year. We got manure from a friend and put it on Friday, and then tilled it in on Saturday. It was like that two day window of nice weather, before all the rain came. I wanted to plant Saturday, too, but we didn't have that organized enough. I'm not sure what all we're going to plant where. But I say we're still doing better this year so far.

0 comments:
Post a Comment