Friday, March 13, 2009

He's back! 

Dominic came down with a fever tuesday night.  I thought he felt warm in the evening, but I thought it was from all the running around he was doing.  So he came in our bed in the middle of the night, and was very warm.  He laid around all day wed. and slept all day thurs. The fever inched higher as I chugged him full of remedies.  Finally, Thurs. night, the fever started to go down.  I thought he'd be feeling better by morning.  I wasn't surprised when he came in our room early Friday whispering something.
"I have to throw up."
I'm jumping out of bed, telling him to head to the bathroom.  He was way more calm than I.
In the bathroom, he proceeded to get out the little plastic tubs we dub "sicky buckets".
"What are you doing?!  Here's the toilet if you have to spit up."
"I don't want to.  I want to use the sicky bucket."
"okay."
"But I want you to get out of here." Very strange request of any of my kids that are sick, especially dominic.
I could see he was calm as ever, and not the least bit ill-looking.  So I asked if he was hungry.  He said yes.  He hadn't eaten much at all the day before, and I figured he was so hungry his tummy felt nauseous.
I went to the kitchen to see what bloody time it was (7:50...and that's early if you didn't get to bed till...2 or 3?).
I sighed and went back to dominic, who had closed the door, after requesting his privacy.  When I entered the bathroom, he had one of the drawers open, messing with all of dad's stuff.
Yep, he's back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment