I've spent the last three days of this very mild last week of June, at Holy Family, cleaning the basement. It's pretty exciting being around all the hubub that comes along with moving to a new church. I think we're all pretty optimistic and excited.
Much to my dismay, our groundhogs came back. Dan got one of them with his pellet gun, and we thought we were done. We had two in the garden yesterday. So Dan went behind the fence and pulled out the wood pile where the groundhogs were burrowing. We're hoping that helps. I was getting discouraged once again. No peas. No beans. And now they're eating my tomatoes and cucumber leaves. :(
I'm trying to muster up enough motivation to keep going with this garden this year. Dan's diligence with the groundhog has been inspiring. And tonight I took a peek at the compost bin...for the first time this year. We have compost!!! It's real looking compost. Pretty exciting. I turned it and I am excited to put it on the garden. I know you're supposed to till it in, but even if it's placed on top, it really helps cut down on weeds. I've been wanting to go to the park over here in Kettering; they have compost for residents. But it was so hot, and I'd have to go in the evening when Dan got home, so we can take his truck. And I'm a bit bummed that the weather has been so nice this week...and we've been in a basement eight hours a day! I'm not complaining...really. :) I'll just have to get up the gumption to sweat it out next week and really put some last ditch effort into my garden.
I wish I could write more...more interesting, more thoughts. But it's late. I've konked out the past three nights when I put Blaise to sleep. So this is late!

0 comments:
Post a Comment