Garden post: After a horrible time with groundhogs this year, I actually did harvest some things last night. Five very nice tomatoes, two pickling cucumbers, and two regular size cucumbers, and a yellow squash. I was impressed! The beans are gone...again. :( Really bummed about that. I noticed we have melons growing well. And eggplant. And peppers. We'll see if they survive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
yeah for a little bit of stuff!! I was wishing last night for a tomato from the garden, yummy! I have tons of green ones but no red yet.
Hope you get lots more in the days to come!!
What do you do with eggplant?
Tim and I were discussing last night where we're putting a garden next year. [A real garden! With rows!] He didn't even say that I wouldn't have time to take care of it, just went along with me. We are such an old married couple!
My tomatoes are just starting to turn... almost time to make salsa!
The tomatoes are still coming. They're wonderful! An occasional squirrel thinks so too!
Janelle, don't know. We never planted eggplant before. Before you dig, get The Vegetable Gardner's Bible, by Edward Smith. Lots of great ideas!
Anna, I need your recipe! I have peppers too, this year. Amazing! I never get tomatoes and peppers!
Post a Comment