The car ride there. She was so excited.
Her fabulous curls (although she still wants a wig).
Yep, she's seven. :)
She was so happy. The next day, we went to Cincinnati for their feis. It was so nice. They started right on time, and Rose's competition was up very quickly. We had Cecilia with us (which was a godsend), but not Dan. So it was a bit trickier. I regret not getting any pictures. But right as Rose took the stage, Blaise decided to be sleepy/fussy. Ugh! I won't forget that row of 13 gals, Rose being the smallest. She danced very well. I was a bit worried the judges might not think she was lifting as high, cus her legs are smaller. Turns out they didn't. She got first place in both her dances! In Dayton, she had about 8 competitors, and in Cincinnati, there were 13 of them. I was worried she might not fair as well as in Dayton, and be disappointed. Boy was I wrong! She blew them all away! Yeah Rosie!!!
I kinda took for granted that Rose didn't quite get the whole placing thing. I knew she wouldn't really grasp it, and I want to keep it that way for as long as I can! I just want her to do her best and have fun. I really thought she kinda knew it, though. Guess not. She said after she won her first place, 'Now all I have to get is third, fourth, and fifth!' Later that night, we showed Dan her medals. I repeated what Rose had said about the placing. He explained to her how it works. She thought fifth was the highest place.
Overall, it was fun. I was a little disappointed we all left the Dayton feis at 10:15...am! We'll have plenty of years to spend all day long at a feis, I told myself. And it was very nice to leave the Cincy fies in time to make it to Mass at 11:30 at Sacred Heart.

0 comments:
Post a Comment