Tuesday, February 16, 2010





We went to a Valentine's day party the Monday after. I honestly didn't think I'd be going. Nor did I think I'd be going, and still be pregnant! But it was very enjoyable. They had various games for the kids to play. They had an adaptation of the 'hopscotch to heaven' game we did so many years ago at an All Saint's day party. Basically hopping on various spots on the floor, marked with pictures, and then crashing into a bean bag. Great for toddlers. This year Sam loved it. He didn't play it last year, but this year he got that when he finished, he could pick out a prize. By the end, we just kept playing that one over and over. It was so cute to see him stepping from place to place, and then go get his prize.

The first pic is our box we made. Some of these folks get pretty crafty making a box for the valentines. I thought it would've been nice to have a picture of our new baby in the carriage...if it had been born.
The other nice thing about this party, is that you get to take a bit of the treasure home. Not just the prizes the kids won, but the valentines! It's so different than when I was in school, and everyone had store-bought valentines. It is so neat to see the creativity of each family, or even individual kids and their valentines. And my kids even love the store bought ones too! In the picture of Sam, he was opening a valentine, saying "Ninjas!! Turtles!!" For now, I buy the box ones on clearance, because my kids are still a bit too little to make bunches of Valentines. But I look forward to the day we can do that all together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment