I am listening to: the furnace that just kicked on, with the local weather channel now in the background.
I am wearing: my very old, comfy green jammies.
I am thankful for: A dear husband that goes out in the cold every day, and fights the dragons (goes to work) for our family, while I get to stay in this warm home.
I am pondering: all the things I want to do today.
I am reading: magazines that come in the mail. Chicken soup for the expectant mother's soul- but not very diligently.
From the kitchen: Definitely marmalade muffins today- a double batch. After driving out two nights ago to pick up a citrus grater, then grating the oranges yesterday, only to realize I had no flour left, then going to Kroger late last night to get it...this is definitely first thing on my list today. Thinking of making some homemade mac and cheese with dinner tonight.
I am thinking: how awake I am right now! I didn't get to bed till about midnight, and was exhausted. But I did sleep very well, with no Sammy interruptions.
I am creating: A fleece blanket for baby. If all goes well, I'd love to get out my sewing machine and make simple aprons for Rose and her baby doll- an idea we've been throwing around this week.
Towards a real education: We have to do school today. It will make our third day this week, so no taking off. I'm just trying to plug away at Rose's basic stuff, so we can be a little more relaxed when new baby comes.
Towards rhythm and beauty: Clean linens on baby's cradle. Maybe even my own bed, too!
To live the liturgy: I was thrilled we all got to go to Mass at Old St. Mary's on Candlemas (Tuesday). Beautiful Mass, music, and everything. Fr. A was available afterward for my long-awaited pregnancy blessing. Trying to stay on top of saying daily prayers, especially when I'm really tired.
I am hoping and praying: for a dear friend in the hospital, who will be there for her birthday. For the mama's we know that are having babies.
In the garden: haven't forgotten that dear garden. I know it's seed time for many, but I'm contemplating local places I can get some seeds, and trying to think of a really simple, streamlined veggie garden this year.
Around the house: boxes needing to be taken to the recycle bin (great job for DD). Some leftover groceries that need put away. Only ONE basket of clean clothes needing put away: and it's clean baby stuff! Fun, fun. My dear sis took all my kids for the morning yesterday, so I had a chance to de-clutter, dust, put away laundry...all without interruption!
On keeping home: I am so pleased how cleaning/nesting has inspired us to do a bit of re-decorating. I took down some pictures on the wall, and got back out our picture of the Holy Family. We hung sconces on either side. We put up a couple crucifixes I've been wanting to do for years. I even impulsively hung a pretty baby quilt by the changing table. I'm not a fan of quilts on a wall, but I love the way this one transforms the little corner of that room.
One of my favorite things: Ovaltine. Bought some last night. Thought if the snow comes in, it's a bit 'healthier' than Swiss miss. My kids love hot chocolate after playing in the snow.
New baby this week: is running out of room! My side has been hurting more than ever at times. Laying down doesn't always help. I get so tired, I do things sitting down, but the more I sit, the more my side hurts! Ugh! Baby's moving like crazy, too, which I have to try to appreciate. Some of it's moving is very uncomfortable. Baby checked out well this week, but the midwife things it may be laying posterior, which is why I'm having so much rib pain. I'm not that worried about it being posterior during labor...he can move before then.
A few plans for the rest of the week: have a baby! My last two came at exactly 39 wks., which would be tomorrow. Although I'm aware of that, I'm not worried about it. There's plenty of things I could do this weekend if we don't have a baby. But it might be nice!
Picture I'm sharing:

3 comments:
Sounds like you're ready, and yet ready to wait a little while too. A great place to be! And with this storm, maybe waiting is not so bad :)
We're so excited it's getting so close to your duedate! Jason was just saying the other day how excited he was for you to have your baby, and I am, too! Let us know if there's anything you'd like/need in the near future...I'd be so happy to help any way I can, even if it's just coming up and watching your other kids so that you and baby can have uninterrupted time together. Love you all!
I like your baby corner! it is cute.
If you need anything you can always give us a call too.
Post a Comment