Outside my window: Snow and very long icicles hanging from the gutters. Very pretty.
I am listening to: The opening ceremony of the Olympics. Veggitales sleep songs in the kids room.
I am wearing: the awesome grey gap maternity sweater a certain CIL got for me, and pink maternity jammie pants. Bare feet- I'm warm.
I am thankful for: my family. We've had some fun times together this week. I'm so glad God gave me such a wonderful spouse, and blessed us with children.
I am pondering: earlier, I was pondering how happy I am, anxiously waiting for this little one. How my relationships with the family seem to be going so well- between Dan and I, and the kids and I. There's this air of excitement around that seems to suppress the impatience, bickering, and shortcomings we may have. Just a general happiness. Then, me thinks, why can't it be like this always? Is it because I am home much more, so I can stay on top of housework, etc.? Does such order bring me less stress and more happiness? Much easier done in Feb., than say, June. I know it can't be the same kind of anticipatory happiness all the time. But just pondering on ways to keep a happy home.
I am reading: Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother's Soul. I wish I had something better. I've been wanting some light reading for months now, but just can't find the right book.
From the kitchen: dirty dishes. Paper plates have made me a bit lazy, so I have a couple days of dishes to do tomorrow. Made french toast for breakfast this morning, intending to freeze half. The kids ate most of them! Oh, well. I did make brownies tonight. Been really wanting chocolate lately. Made the mistake of icing them. Too rich.
I am thinking: of what I want to do tomorrow.
I am creating: happy memories with my kiddos while it's just the three of them. We had a great art day today, making some Valentines. It was a lot of fun.
Towards a real education: I think we did school three days this week. We're doing about one subject a day. I wish it were more, but I think Rose knows we're kinda doing a smaller workload, so it's a bit harder to get her to do much more. I'm proud of myself doing schoolwork at all!
Toward Rhythm and Beauty: The fresh flowers my dear SIL got me are still beautiful as ever next to the Blessed Mother statue. They bring such a beauty to the room, since I look at them often while sitting on the couch.
To live the Liturgy: I guess I'm trying to keep in mind that Ash Wed. is next week, and baby or no baby, I'd like to have a couple things lined up for lent for us. I want to make a lent link chain, like we did last year. Rose was kind of grumbling about it, but I really liked it, and the kids liked tearing off a link a day to see what was revealed to do that day.
I am hoping and praying: our bebe is strong and born healthy and well. And soon wouldn't be bad. :)
In the garden: same- snow covered.
Around the house: a clean living room floor is wonderful! The kids have been great at having one toy out at a time. Laundry baskets with clean clothes spot the room.
On keeping home:Well, laundry again today. I guess I'll have to vacuum again, too. I keep thinking 'this is the last time I'll do this for a while', but then I end up doing it again the next week!
One of my favorite things: Seeing and hearing Sam laugh. I've really enjoyed him today. We've had lots of cuddles, and laughs today. He's so so cute. I know I felt this way with each of my toddlers when the new baby was on it's way- I love them so much, and don't want things to change.
Baby this week: Well, we had the whole false labor thing, and now I think the baby has dropped. Still kicking around like crazy, especially in the evening. I feel just fine. As long as it's healthy and well, I'm happy.
A few plans for the rest of the week: I like not having anything on the schedule tomorrow. I keep telling Dan, there's something on that list on the wipe board, that once we finish it- boom, labor will start. It's likely to be whatever is the least desirable thing. He thinks I'm crazy. Anyway, so I get to do some of those list things tomorrow. Sunday is the Tech fest at Sinclair. I actually wouldn't mind going- sounds fun. Then there's a St. Valentine's day party Mon. After that...I think I'll really go stir crazy if there's no baby yet!

0 comments:
Post a Comment