I have to say how thrilled I am that Sam slept in his bed all night. I have never felt more rested, and ready for the day. It's so nice to wake up happy! Dan's been taking care of Sam's night needs more and more, which is nice. But I guess I'm such a light sleeper, that even if Sam wakes up and Dan gets him, I can't settle to sleep till they do. There's just no more I can say about uninterrupted sleep.
Which makes me so happy that I'm awake enough to blog! I got to bed at night, dozing off thinking of blog posts that will never be posted because I'm just too tired. I realize I'm in that last stretch of pregnancy, which, like the first, I was doing good to get one thing done each day. I'm doing better than getting just one thing done for now, and at this time of year, something's got to give...and it's been blogging.
We've been more laid back with school, which I love. But even in my relaxed mode, we still seem to accomplish quite a bit. Somehow it's getting done. I'm afraid to try to figure it out. :) We had a lovely ah-ha moment in schooling this week. Rose works out of a math workbook, which I'm sure there is a teacher's manual to. I just didn't know it until after we started. So sometimes I'm a little confused on how it presents new information. Like counting money. We've steadily been counting money for months, but it seems like it took a jump when it introduced quarters, then half dollars shortly after. She wasn't getting quarters as easily, and then we were presented with half dollars. Well, we ended up getting out our 'play' coins (great for learning!), and I went in this lovely half dollar/quarter/dollar lesson. Rose was getting it, and was so excited she hugged me when she got the right answers. Yeah! Schoolwork not only without tears, but with smiles!
Another part of schooling has been all the advent/Christmas books. Good ol' Tommie de Paola is providing much of our curriculum this month. I got a teacher's library card, and checked out some 30 books for the season.
I'm really laying low this season. I'm surprised how many things we are not going to! And I'm okay with that! Christmas parties, homeschool parties. All in favor of staying home and making Christmas goodies with the kids. And keeping my home in order (or at least trying to!) Or just napping! We did a painting craft the other day. The boys were done in about an hour. Rose kept painting right up till dinner...almost 3 hrs! I was impressed. She loved it.
We have another dusting of snow this morning. Looks pretty. Earlier this week, we saw the dusting of snow and unveiled the snow boots for the season, the hat/glove bag- the whole nine yards. It was a bit insane. By the time the kids got in the backyard, the snow had melted from the deck. But that didn't matter. I guess they found ice to play with. (Sigh). Sam later came in crying because he was so cold, and Dominic's hands were really cold. Rose seemed to find the right combination of winter outerwear to keep her warm and out longer. So an hour later, I was putting away all the boots and gloves and hats. We'll try it again, when it's not so frigid (high today is 20 something) and there's more snow.
Pregnancy is going okay. I feel very blessed this time around. I know a handful of people that have had very sad/difficult pregnancies and/or births. All the things that are typically so rare are happening to people I know. It really brings to mind how difficult pregnancy can be for some, and also how ultimately God is in control. My usual aches and pains are there, and I'm feeling and getting better at how to deal with them. I told Dan how if I could just go swimming, I would feel so much better! Sadly, I think I'm going to put it off till after Christmas. Time is a precious thing around here. For me to have the time (and energy) to swim seems just impossible right now.
I guess I'll end this post of scatterbrained thoughts. I can't believe the kids aren't up yet! Ah, peace and quiet. I'll take as much as I can get right now.

1 comments:
Glad to hear you're doing well and taking it easy this season. We are too, must be something in the air.
Post a Comment