Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm not going to lie. I love my dear husband, but sometimes I wish he wasn't so phobic of cooking! It took me a while to really get used to being master chef for the family...or even just us two when we were first married. Although I knew this is the way it would be for me, long before we were married, the reality of that, and acceptance of it is totally different!

I must give Dan credit, though. He will grill, and cook the occasional fatted calf. Usually the meat or a special side dish around a holiday. I love to see him get excited and make a great glazed ham, or smoked brisket. And in true Dan fashion, when he does it perfect...to a T. And it is fabulous.

So it was quite nice over this long weekend, for a Saturday lunch, he decided to whip some goodies up in our Vita mix. First was an orange julius. All I can say is mmmmm. I like banana shakes, but I love homemade orange julius. It just hit the spot.
Then he proceeded to make potato soup. He's always talked of making it growing up. So it was neat to give it a try in our mixer. It wasn't bad at all! I was surprised it wasn't too bland for his taste, but turns out everyone liked it.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

I hear ya! I love it when Tim cooks too.

Post a Comment