Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sore and tired, this will probably be a short post.

I walked the ghost and goblin 5k with my sisters last night. This is the second year we've done it. It was fun. I was glad I was able to do it at all. Earlier in the day, I came down with a mild infection which really wiped me out. But I took lots of supplements and water and felt much better by race time.
I drove my sisters nuts because I kept making mention of only walking and not running the race. I shared with them how difficult it was to register as a 'non-competitive walker'. So I kept saying that all night, kinda jokingly. I was actually looking forward to walking, but a nice leisure walk. This was not that. Even at our brisk pace, I moaned when we reached one mile. My sister asked if I was alright. "Oh, I'm fine. It's just that we're only at one mile. This walking takes so long!"
I make it sound like it was no fun, but I did enjoy walking with some great company. It was fun seeing all the different costumes. The rain was a bit annoying, but at least it wasn't freezing like last year. I thought my hip would feel better while walking, but after a bit it was aching.
And that brings me to now. Sore and tired. But glad I walked the race.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

You'll be back running it next year :)

Post a Comment