Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sam has been potty training for some time now. I'm thrilled to say he finally gets what he is supposed to do on the potty! We used the little potty for a while, but he would never let me put the little guard up, so pee would get everywhere. I went with it and just cleaned it up every time, thankful that he peed. Well, eventually I was just tired of that, so we just switched to the big potty instead. Works great. And today we had the best day so far. He's had less accidents, and he even once told me when he had to go potty! Hurray! Love those potty training milestones.

I thought Sam would be a breeze to potty train, since Dominic was. But add pregnancy, and homeschooling, and I think it's just that I don't have as much time to devote to it, and so we're doing it on a much more relaxed, drawn out schedule. Plus, it seems like we're always going somewhere. I fear it will be quite a while until I'm comfortable enough to take him out without wearing a diaper. Oh well. I'm happy we are where we are for now, and we'll take it one step at a time.
Sam is just so cute, though, the way he'll go to everyone in the house looking for praise after he's gone potty. Rose picks up on it and smiles and tells him something nice. DD is way less interested and just says 'good' or 'oh' to him. It's funny.

1 comments:

Jodie said...

YEAH!!!!! Good job Sammy and Mommy!
I do not look forward to potty training Gabe, it is getting to be that time though, ugh. I wish you could snap your fingers and it would be done. Cecilia says she will do it if I pay her ten dollars, I thinking I might take her up on it. I am guessing she will change her mind and figure out that it is worth more that $10, especially after she has to clean up a few messes.
hang in there, Sam will get it soon enough!

Post a Comment