Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Daybook: Oct. 7- feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

Outside my window:

dark. cold.

I am listening to:
the whir of the computer fans.

I am wearing:
soft ivory cotton jammies, with pink flowers on them.

To be fit and happy:
swimming! Finally went last week and can't wait to go again this week. Love it. It keeps me fit and makes me happy. :)

I am thankful for:
a good day today with school, and 'chores'.

I am pondering:
my busy day tomorrow!

I am reading:
Hands of Love. Great pregnancy book. Lots of great stories and pictures, which is just what I need right now.

From the kitchen:
two bags of frozen 'pizza pies' (calzones). The kids made 'their' pizza pie, and I just used up the rest of the ingredients and had some to freeze. Love that!
I'm also happy that I meal planned for this week and it's been going very smoothly, despite a busy, changing schedule.

I am creating:
a scarf for Rose. Found some bright yarn on clearance and just started knitting. I've been sooo tempted to pick it up in the middle of the morning, and I still might. It's very cathartic.

Towards a real education:
had a good day today, Praise be to God!!! I decided to stay home, and even skip Mass, which was really hard for me. But it paid off. We got through lessons with no tears, and both Rose and I were actually in a pretty good mood in the end!

Towards rhythm and beauty:
I think I'm trying too hard to have a rhythm and routine, and the stress gets to me. I've been a little more laid back the last couple days, and things have still turned out okay. Routine, with flexibility. Not my forte, but I'm learning.

To live the liturgy:
It was a painful decision to not go to Mass today- our one day a week we go. With my stress over school, and Sam potty training, I decided we'd pass, and pray a rosary together on Our Lady's feast day. We did it at noon, and it went well. The kids hung in there all the way to the end. Horray!
Also made it to the library last night to pick up a few 'C' books to do with Dominic for next week. I don't want to let his schooling slide, but I'm learning that it doesn't take much for him in school. I just want to get to more of the fun stuff with him, and Rose.

I am hoping and praying:
for a friend who is due with a baby with Spina Bifida.

In the garden:
that last fourth of the veggie garden needs weeded. My pots need retired for the year, some need just thrown out.

On keeping home:
Tuesday I was dusting the house at 6:45am. I was thinking how wrong it was to dust a house at that hour, but it was quiet, and I had to do it to get my fall decorations put up. So I sleepily went through the motions, and got out my scarecrows and fake leaves. Also got out all my pear and pumpkin candles. The house has been smelling very nice this week.

One of my favorite things:
the way Sam talks. And when he wants something, how he'll cock his head and say 'pweese'.

Baby in the Belly:
Moving more. I'm starting to feel not just kicks, but movements I would describe as somersaults.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
make pear jam, work, school, Gem City Feis, swim, rest!

And just cus I'm me:
Deal of the Week:
I found a 'lot' of stuff on cheapcycle for, well, cheap. It's all spiderman stuff- most all new with tags! I think I'm going to have fun Christmas shopping this year if this keeps up!
Also, went to the Goodwill Outlet today. Just when you thought there wasn't anything cheaper than a thrift store, there's a thrift store outlet! Great for my shopping outlet! I only bought a few things. I even managed to find their maternity clothes in what short time I had. I will have to visit it again soon.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

There's a cheapcycle? I need info!

Post a Comment