Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How a two year old plays "I spy", with the help of a four and six year old:


The first round was a few days ago at the lunch table, and today it was in the van. Someone decided it was Sam's turn, or he spoke up and said so, and it went like this:

Rose: "Say I spy"

Sam: " 'py "

Rose: "With my little eye"

Sam: "eye"

Rose: "Something...what color is it Sam?"

Sam: "House. Bag. "

Rose: "No! A color Sam! Is it red? Is it blue?"

The other day, Sam settled on yellow, so the kids started guessing all the yellow things in the kitchen. Of course, Sam said 'no' to all of their guesses. Dominic started pointing at some yellow on the pictures on the frig. Sam would say no, and then nod his head yes. Rose was starting to pick up on it, so the next thing Dominic pointed to, Sam was nodding his head and Rose was shouting "yes! that's it! he said yes!! We got it! Good job Sam!"

Today was funny, because it's like the object of the game was to guess what color Sam was thinking of. They asked him color after color. I chuckled later that I didn't think the object of the game was to guess the color. They assured me that he said it was yellow, and it was a McDonald's sign. Ha!

The cutest thing, though, is seeing Sam's excitement at participating in this game. He knows it's a big deal and feels included and he's so happy to be a part of it. It's also really cute to see Rose and Dominic help him so much. I guess it's easy at this age- he can't argue back! He just knows he's having a good time.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Two year olds are so yummy! Except for the potty training part, not so fun!

I love to watch our boys help the younger ones learn things and do things. Makes a Mama's heart happy!

Post a Comment