Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thanks to the extreme generosity of some very kind family members, Dan and I got to go on our 'last date' last Saturday. It wasn't the long three day weekend I had hoped for over New Year's. But at this point in life, it was just right. We left about 12:30p and just went out. A little shopping, a movie (a really sappy, non-violent one :), dinner, little more shopping. It was just nice. We were supposed to end with dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. Who knew there would be a 40 min. wait there, at 9p! So we ended up just getting cheesecake carry out, and going home. Much as I wanted a nice dessert in a fancy place I'd never been to, at a little candle-lit table for two, it was getting late. It wasn't worth it to wait around for forty min. at this noisy, bustling place. (We waited that long to get seated at Olive Garden). So it was nice to get our dessert and head home. Nice to come home to a quiet house, sleeping kids. And speaking of cheesecake, boy they have a lot of them! I had a hard time deciding. I amazingly didn't want anything with chocolate, so that left me pretty limited. I ended up getting lemon raspberry cheesecake. It was yummy.

So that's checked off my list. :) It seems like I get a little more done each day, little closer to being 'ready' for another baby around here. I got my diapers washed yesterday. I got new dipes for this baby. I'm anxious to see how well they'll work. Washing them was easy enough, and they didn't take too long to dry, which was one of my concerns. Tomorrow I'm going to wash my yellow/green bag of baby clothes. Since we don't know the gender of the baby, we keep a bag of newborn clothes in yellows and greens, mostly. It's enough to last us a couple weeks till we get out boy or girl clothes. So I'll wash those up this week and put them in the drawers. Fun, fun.

I'm cooking like crazy this week, too. I went shopping like crazy last week, so now I have all these recipe's swarming in my head of things I want to make. I'm going to double a couple meals so I can freeze them. I'm just happy I figured out what we're going to have each day this week! Meal planning is half the battle for me.

I'm having a lot of contractions. They're not painful or anything. Not even really annoying. Just there. I keep telling Dan that if I want to have this baby, we just need to take a ride in his truck! Boy, that ride is so bouncy! The kids love it, but I prefer the smooth ride of the van.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I always love the washing if the baby clothes, it is the best job to do when pregnant. It makes you realize baby soon will be here plus baby clothes are so cute, i love looking at them! and they smell great too!
Have fun cooking!
Don't over work your self and don't forget to relax a bit.

Janelle said...

I love the getting baby clothes out part of pregnancy. Makes you think of how small they will really be, and of the others when they were born. Kinda makes me want another, but only kinda! I'll just come and love on yours!

Post a Comment