Friday, January 22, 2010

I've had a pretty good week. I cleaned, and cleaned, and, well, cleaned. I mastered dishes one day, trash and clutter another, and floors another. It's still not perfect, but frankly, I'm tired. And it's good enough. I'm quite pleased with our little home. So that part was good.

I had the joy of having my midwife do a home visit today. It was quite exciting; it has been a while since I've had an appointment with her. I think it was also exciting merely to have a visitor! We've been kinda under the weather for quite a few weeks, and I've let the house go, so it's doubly nice to have a clean house, and a visitor.
The appointment went really well. Everything is looking good. It was nice to hear that baby's head was really low. At the same time, I wondered, if baby's head is so low, why is that rib pain so prominent? I'm so curious how big this baby is going to be!
I got my birth kit in the mail a couple weeks ago. Basic supplies for birth. My favorite was the herbal bath, and 'afterbirth' tincture. I was so excited! This has never felt so right. It was nice to share some of those thoughts with my chiropractor, and have them reciprocated by her.
It is nice all the support I've had for this birth. I guess no one's been brave enough to challenge me on it! They know me too well! Oh well, just another thing to make me even weirder than I am now.
And to top off my week, (I'm holding my breath), Dan and I are scheduled to go out on a day-long date tomorrow. After my New Year's weekend disappointment, I kinda put aside the idea of going out with Dan. Wait, wait, wait. No, it's me. I couldn't put aside the idea of at least a date night with him. I did stop worrying about it for a little while, but as the due date crept closer, the thought of a date night kept coming more and more to the forefront of my mind. So with a bit of conspiring with my dear sis in law, we worked it out to vacate our home tomorrow from about noon on. I can't wait.
Still holding my breath until they're here, though. Sickness has been abounding this past week...with others. Not us this time, thank goodness.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I didn't realize you were going to have the baby at home, guess I should have put it together though :)

Jodie said...

I think it is great that you are having your baby at home! It will be a really good for you. Can't wait to see how big your new baby is!
Also I am glad all worked out and you could spend the day with Dan on Sat. the kids were great and I know we all had a great time!
Your house looked great, your laundry room was awesome and you looked really cute!

Post a Comment