Rose had a nice long play day with her cousins last Sat. Dan and I went out for the day, and when we returned, we found these cute little notes...all over the house. I saw Rose had made them about a week or so ago. I thought they were cute. I'm not sure where she got the idea for them.
No mudy shuas.
No beeing mesee.
No bottl's
No dumping trash.
her inspiration maybe?
She really likes to draw- princesses, fairies, houses. Her drawings are getting way detailed now. She'll draw each room in the house, and stuff in every room.
She'll draw a 'menu' and pictures of all the food.
She has markers, crayons, and colored pencils, but what she likes best are my ink pens. Especially the non-ball point ones aka the really inky messy ones. I have an endless supply of notebooks for her to draw in, so I don't mind her artistic hobby. She says the only subject she loves in school is art, and she wishes she could do art all day. Problem is, whenever I have her, for example, draw a picture and write a couple sentences to go with it, or her religion workbook will frequently tell her to draw a picture of this or that...she takes forever to do it!!! ('See, Mom, this is where I drew the straps on Jesus' sandals. And here's the loaves of bread, and this guy is holding a fish, and this boy is happy 'cus he's sliding down the hill. And I wrote 'Jesus' with an arrow, because I thought people might think he's a girl). I feel like the meanest teacher in the world when I tell her, really, she's been working on this for well over a half hour, we really have to get to other subjects today. This is the reason we have umpteen birthday and get well cards for people...she never finishes them enough to actually give them to people!!! There's always one more thing! 
But it is really neat to see her do something she enjoys so much. Her creativity blows me away. It keeps her quiet for a long time.
I asked Rose to take the pictures of the signs. She included a self portrait, too.

1 comments:
Quite a little artist you have there!
Post a Comment