It's nice to be feeling better. Sam and I had yucky upset stomachs Sat. night, well, actually early Sunday morning. We didn't go to Mass, and instead slept a lot of the day. Sam was feeling better and had an appetite, but I didn't feel like eating much all day. Dan was sooo wonderful at taking care of all us. He made a yummy dinner for the kids, and we ended up playing uno before bedtime. I was really tired most of the day, which makes me notice all the clutter and mess even more! It was nice to be feeling better in the evening, and have the feeling of control over my household again. At least the feeling that I could conquer my daily chores again!
Saturday, before all these yucky's set in, we had a nice day out shopping for new faucets. We needed a new one pretty much everywhere in the house, and we found some on clearance. We also got a new laundry sink. We spent last weekend re-doing our laundry room. We put up, well, Dan put up four times as many shelves in that small space than what I had before. It is wonderful. I guess to finish it off, we got a slimmer laundry sink, which we were in need of a new one anyway. Most importantly, My dryer is completely cleaned off. That was my initial goal. Now it's a lovely space to clean tons of baby clothes and diapers! Yea!
I'm getting quite excited that some of these final things on my 'list' are getting done, only making baby's arrival closer and more real. I'm looking forward to our "date day" this weekend. I found that now that Christmas has passed, there is room for more relaxation, and excitement about the baby.
To add to that excitement, I can't thank my sis in law enough for showing me how to make these cute little baby hats (pics to come). It's like one of those 'always wanted to learn how to make these' in my list of things to do in life. I was so excited to get the hang of making it, so I spent all day Sat. (in between trips to home improvement stores and faucet installations) finishing the hat. It went together so easily, and it was so gratifying to finish it so soon. It also had the therapeutic benefit of keeping me busy doing something, where I may have otherwise been upset or anxious, or impatient with...well, life. Sad but true. Kinda like that cute little story about the lady that made doilies every time she was upset with her husband. So I guess knitting rounds and rounds is good for me!

3 comments:
So good to hear you feel good again, although I didn't know you were sick while you were. Anyhow, Dan is awesome with all of the little things he is doing to get ready as well, just on a more masculine level.
I'm so glad you are feeling good about your laundry room. We are trying to do one little thing to the house each month and it's making a difference already. And I love to think of what I can do next.
Can't wait to see your baby hat! (maybe even on the new baby, would be even better!)
Post a Comment