Monday, April 6, 2009

Why we are packrats

We have a gate again, thanks to Dan's creativity. Note the industrial strength hinge on the right to replace the previous plastic one.  Now I admit, it may stand out a bit, against the white design of the gate, but I think that's a small price to pay. Dan excitedly explained the origin of each piece of the hinge- the metal, wood, and each bolt.  All discovered from his myriad 'things' in his garage.  Okay, I'm thrilled, because I have a gate again, that I love, and I didn't have to go and spend $100 on a new one!  Quite a savings in my book.




And secondly, we have Rose's Easter dress this year.  I went through my fabric at the beginning of lent, and found this fabric I've had from my pre-marriage days.  It was just enough to make the size I needed to fit Rose. And voila, a beautiful Easter dress for the price of buttons, piping and rose petals.




















2 comments:

Janelle said...

It's great to have a handy husband, isn't it?

I really like the dress, someday I too will sew...

Peyton talk said...

Beautiful! I think I will stick with crocheting, more my cup of tea, (or coffee)!

Post a Comment