Tuesday, April 28, 2009

blogging in bulk

So now it's spring and all, and we have a running list of outdoor projects.  This means that blogging takes a very far back seat.  Unfortunately, because I so want to blog more often!  So I'm sure I'll blog in bulk till winter coops me up again.


Last Wed. was Rose's birthday.  It was a nice day.  She had her friend come over and play and have lunch.  That made her really happy.
Unfortunately, we had to go to a viewing that evening, and it was a good 40 min. away.  I wanted to go play miniature golf with her, since we haven't been there for a while, but the viewing made that impossible.
She didn't seem too disappointed. She got to see her cousins there.
We made her a lovely pink cake, and had a late birthday bash.  After we got home from the viewing, I told Rose she could decorate her cake with her Polly Pockets (in lieu of Barbies).  It was already iced, so note in the picture what she put on the cake.  I had to laugh.
We sang happy birthday, and Rose was so disappointed.  She wanted everyone over for her birthday. (See, this is the first year in a long time Rose has not had a 'party'.  We're trying to explain that we, her family, will have a party with her each year, but it won't necessarily be a huge family party).  She also mentioned she wanted a party so she could get a lot of presents.
At this point, we didn't give her any of her presents.  She got a couple earlier in the day from friends.  So after cake, we surprised her in the living room with her presents, and I think she went to bed a happy camper.
So Rose is six.  Hard to believe.  That sweet little 5lb baby...now can do so much to be mama's best helper! We love ya our little red Rose!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Rosie! She is such a cutie.

I enjoy it whenever you blog :)

Peyton talk said...

What a cake! Rosie got to see more of her family on the Peyton side this birthday that ever before!

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday, Rosie! The cake is beautiful!

Post a Comment