Just a post about how sweet Samuel is at night. Samuel usually nurses to sleep at night when I'm home. If I'm not, or if Dan takes him, he will go to sleep without nursing. It's the way we operate, and we don't mind it. Sure, it can get exhausting sometimes when I have other things to do, or it seems to take a long time to put him to sleep. But we're definitely transitioning to the next phase. This afternoon, I was nursing Sam for his nap, and when we finished, he was still a little fussy, so I said, 'lets go lay in your bed'. I laid him down. I put my head on his pillow, and within minutes, he was out. How cool! And I could slip away without him waking up! How peaceful.
Tonight, I nursed him a bit ago. He played a little bit, and Dan saw him rubbing his eyes. Dan asked if he wanted to go lay in his bed. He started trotting off to bed! I said, 'Tell me night-night.' He did, gave me a hug and kiss, and off he went with Dan! So cool! He's getting so big. :) It's bitter sweet. It's nice to have a little more space from my 'baby' and know that he's just fine when Dan puts him to bed. But I still love nursing him and treasuring our cuddle time, knowing it will slip away faster than I can imagine!

1 comments:
I know! We are down to just the before bedtime nursing with Jesse. He just dropped the morning one last week, he just started "sleeping in" one morning. While it's nice to not be woken up at 6 AM to nurse him, it means he's almost a big kid. Bittersweet!
Post a Comment