Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Autumn daybook

Outside My Window::

::dark. Supposed to be really chilly tonight.


I am Listening to::

::the news. Could do without it, though.


I am wearing ::

:: cotton jammie shirt. Navy sweatpants.


I am Thankful For::

::surviving the tornado yesterday, while visiting with one of my dearest friends.


I am Pondering::

::hmmm...too many things about parenting, marriage, and family. Where this is all headed, I'm not sure.


I am Reading::

::Oh, I miss reading. I need a good book.


From the Kitchen::

::HA! I wish I had something from the kitchen. My cooking skills must be going downhill, or something. I had a passing desire to meal plan tonight. At least I know I'm having some kind of chicken tomorrow. That helps. A little.


I am Thinking::

::I wish I knew exactly how to handle each situation in life. As if there is only one way.


I am Creating::

::I guess I'm supposed to be creating some kind of costumes for this weekend.


Towards a Real Education::

::don't know how real it is. We are doing school every day that we don't have other stuff going on. But we have a lot of other stuff going on. I feel good on the days we do school. I just hope it's enough!


Towards Rhythm and Beauty::

::Little rhythm... or beauty. Well, rhythm is very hard to achieve with all I have going on, but a rhythm on school days is not bad. Rose and Dominic seem to be doing well with their school subjects. Beauty is all around us...outside. We've taken a couple afternoons to rake leaves, clean the backyard, go to the park.


To Live the Liturgy::

::not really believing All Saint's day is so close! Looking forward to the month of all souls. We really focus our prayers on all those departed loved ones.


I am Hoping and Praying::

::for a lot. I've started a prayer list to help me stay focused.


In the Garden::

::Nothing!!!! I finally got out there and cleaned up the rest of the veggie garden, with the children's help. We got the last of the green tomatoes, even bunch of little red ones. We'll see how many tomato plants just pop up next year!


Around the House::

:: the boys ritual of building a 'house' almost every day! Pillows, blankets draped over baskets and chairs and couches. I know it's so fun, but very hard if I can't walk through the room!


On Keeping Home::

::Oh, it's such a challenge. It's laundry week, so there's laundry baskets all over the living room. BUT, I have managed to keep the dishes at bay. It is sooo nice to wake up to a clean kitchen sink.


One of My Favorite Things::

::Autumn. Raking leaves. Cool breezes on sunny days with not a cloud in the blue sky.


Blaise this week::

::this guy's on the go! And I don't know how his sleep got mixed up, but now he's up till 11 and sleeps in till 10:30a. Not used to this. Where's my quiet evenings!

He's making lots more sounds, becoming more interested in food, oh, and has a little cold that keeps him up a lot at night. :(

Got his first haircut last Saturday. Just a trim around those ears so it's not hanging down over the ears.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week::

::mopping the church basement, finding halloween costumes, all saint's day costumes.



0 comments:

Post a Comment