Saturday, August 29, 2009

I had an idea to post last week, then, six days ago, then three days ago. Yeah, I'm finally getting around to it. Now I have to put them all together.

Last Sat. we went to a party at Dan's cousin's house. They live by a lake and own a boat. We had the joy of being taken on a boat ride- a first for my kids. It was so fun, and funny. They were all in life jackets. It was pretty cool out, especially with all the wind. The kids had a really good time and did better than I thought. They weren't scared at all, even when we were going really fast. It was funny to see them stumble around as they moved from the front to the back. It was cute toward the end when we were going really fast, Rose was kneeling in the front seat, holding on, her hair blowing in the wind. Dominic was in the front with me, his eyes barely open due to all the wind.
Sam just looked, and looked, and sat with Dan.
Then on Sunday, we headed to the Great Darke County fair. We left mid afternoon. We had jackets on then. It was unusually cool that day, and we had jackets on the whole time. What a far cry from those memories of sweltering hot fair days! So we were nice and cool. We looked at all the animals. The kids really loved the chicken barn this year. We just enjoyed walking around and eating anything that struck our fancy.
We went to the fair again on Wed. with my mom and dad. It was a lot warmer, but still not sweltering. We looked at some of the booths, but the highlight would have to have been the rides (thanks to my parents!). Sam rode the carousel for the first time, clinging to me the whole time, but not crying. DD and Rose liked it, and mom and dad were riding in the seats behind us. The kids rode a few other rides, and were having so much fun. I asked if they wanted to go on the dragon one (little roller coaster). Yes, yes, yes! as they ran toward it. I had to laugh. They had no idea what they were in for. They got in and I took pictures and everything. Then the ride started and went around three times. My kids were the only ones not holding their hands up. they were holding on to the bar for dear life. I could see the panic in DD's face, and Rose's clenched jaw. So the guy stopped the ride, let my kids off, and then started the ride again. I was really proud they went on it. Rose admitted it was a little scary, but okay. A little too fast. DD was grumpy about it, saying he didn't like that ride. I asked if the hill made their stomach turn upside down, DD said it made his whole self turn upside down. Hard to do much else in the fair after all that excitement. We got a bite, and the kids were wanting to play games. We made our way back for my kids 'last ride' before my parents headed home. Then we watched them spend their own money on a game. A game that was way too much money for the cheap toy they chose as a prize. But we let them do it, it hopes of someday teaching them that, basically, those games aren't worth it! Sorry, Dan and I are just too practical, and thrifty! We tried not to kill it for them and let them actually have fun playing the games and getting a prize. And they did. Rose's dart gun is still being fought over by all the kids.
I had an appt. Friday and things with baby are going fine. I'm waiting to feel movement, and noticing my belly grow a little more. Rose likes to pat my belly and smile and say something about how big it is getting. Sam points to my belly when I ask him where the baby is...after he points to his own belly, and DD's.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Sounds busy and fun. Glad you're doing well.

Tessa Peyton said...

Glad to hear everything is good in regards to the baby, but I just had to laugh out loud at the end of your last sentence! What a hoot that Sammy!

Post a Comment