Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's August. Then September, which means school. Lots of folks on DCHN are talking about planning for school and all. I feel like I should be too! I did go through all our books today, and cleaned off Rose's school desk. I feel like a nut, because I actually listed all the books we have on a few different google documents. I thought, if I do this now, it might might be easy to add any new books I do get to the list. Here's hoping it will help me stay organized.

I am excited, though about this year. I feel like I have a goal this time. I have most of the books and things for Rose, and lots of little workbooks for Dominic. Not sure what I'm going to do with Sam.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

not sure what Sam likes but for Gabe his year I am buying lots of stickers. Gabe loves to peel em and stick em. he also likes markers. When Vinny was smaller i made a box of things he could use and play with during school time. It was his school box. The first week he peeled those foam stickers and decorated the outside of his box. Then a few weeks later he peeled them all off. We had markers, stickers, chalk with a little chalk board, a book with magnets in it, a book with wipe of pages, very blunt, dull sissors, cars and silly puddy. okay silly puddy was great, enertained him for hours except it sticks to carpet. i still have red spots. Another thing Gabe likes is the Fisher price toddler games online. the one were you just hit any button and it says peek a boo. i figure i will let him do that some of the time. I heard Laurie say once she got Alex a water table to do during school hours. I keep looking for one on clerence cause I think it would keep toddlers happy for a bit. i also gave vinny a bag of beans or noodles, a bowl and spoon. i spred out a table cloth for easy clean up and let him go to town. I like doing school work outside when possible, keeps the little guys happy out there. If we sit at the kitchen table I give them paper and pencils so they think they are doing school work like the big kids.
just a few things I do for what it is worth. Last year on DCHN someone put out a great list of ideas of things for toddlers. I took lots of ideas from it. I was just thinking the other day I need to go back and find it so I can round up stuff for Gabe to do.
If you find anything that works great, please share. I am always looking for ideas.

Jodie said...

SO I am rereading that comment I just posted. I think I am having some spelling issues today. sorry about that. guess I should reread it before I pushed the post button. :-)

Post a Comment