Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So the pieces are starting to fit together, and I'm seeing a bigger picture of what I'm going through. This 'grief' still sucks, and the fact that it can include depression and possible burnout, well, sucks too. That's kind of how I feel these days. Like my very life has been sucked out of me. I have no energy to do what I have to do. I have no joy or desire to do the things I want to do. Well, there is some desire, but no real motivation. And now it's creeping into my livelihood, my vocation: motherhood. I shudder, and cringe at the idea. But last night was rock bottom, so I thought. And this morning, I just sobbed. I didn't want to do any of this any more. I can't cook and clean anymore. I don't want to take care of children anymore. I want to run away from it all. But to where??? That I still can't answer. I know deep down, there is no where else. This is my lifelong dream. This is my vocation. This is where God wants me. But I know there is a better way.

I'm still trying, but with the help of a dear spouse, and other dear people God has placed in my life, I am trying to be patient with myself, and grow.
Despite my grim mood, my four-year old brought me glimmers of joy today. My baby, who is every day less of a baby, smiled so many times today to comfort my wounded heart. Yes, I thank God for these sweet children. I only pray with His grace I can figure out how to follow His will, and be a better mother to them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day at a time girlie!
~Janelle

Jodie said...

I read your post this morning and then read this:

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
- Romans 12:12

and this

“Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish. Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins… Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope, LORD, is in you” -Psalm 25:16-21

I love you Peggy. Take one day at a time. There will be ups and there will be downs. If it didn't hurt, we would not be human. It will hurt less as time goes on but the hurt will never leave completely. You are a wonderful mom and wife.

Peyton talk said...

Wow, I guess this is what is so great about blogging, Jodie shared some great comforting words she had read.

Hang in their girl... You have some great kids, because of you.

Elizabeth Williams said...

Peggy,
I was so sad to read this. I am so sorry for your sadness. Please do call if you ever want to just drop in-- or drop the kids off. You know I'm always here!! You are such a dear friend to me, it hurts to see you in pain.

Post a Comment