Tuesday, May 17, 2011



It was haircut week. That fluke 80 degree weather prompted me to cut all the boys hair one evening. These two jokers are pretty used to the routine.

But this one was a bit harder.


I love his hair and saw no reason to cut it. Except for maybe that 80 degree fluke weather we had in the middle of May. The hot, sweaty matted hair was a foreshadowing of what was to come if I kept it that long.


So I bravely cut away, while Dan held the young'n. I almost cried.


I guess he did enough crying for the both of us. One year old hair cuts are never easy- for me, or the one year old! I wish I hadn't cut off so much. Especially since that lovely heat wave gave way to much cooler weather this week. It was cute how he kept rubbing his hair after I cut it. I think it makes him look younger, not older. And I think the haircut somehow made his cheeks chubbier.


Then there's this joker.

She wanted to get her hair trimmed that night, and I was going to, but we kind of ran out of daylight. So I told her I would take her to (gasp!) the beauty salon.


Yep, I went with her. These are our before pictures (don't know how Rose captured that face).


First time in a beauty salon. Can I just say she loved it.


After careful measurement, our locks were cut and saved, to be sent for use by Locks of Love.



Aaaaand.....



Ta da! Her second haircut in her life.



The final result. We're ready for that spring weather now!








5 comments:

Elizabeth Williams said...

Looking great! Love the new 'dos!

Jodie said...

Looks Awesome!!!
The first thing I thought when I saw Blaise was he looks more like Sam. Then later Dave said the same thing. It looked really good. You did a great job.
You and Rosie look beautiful. I remember when I took Cecilia to get hers cut and donated, she was the same age as Rose, right after first communion. That was a big tear jerker for me. Such a good cause to donate to though so I could not cry to much. :-)

Peyton talk said...

Wow! Yep, Blaize's little cheeks sure pop with that cut, I love it!

So did you get your do's for free since you donated it? An awesome experience for Rose!

Dan and Peg said...

Yep, the haircuts were free.

Janelle said...

Love the haircuts! I'm doing a post haircuts too.
You and Rose look absolutely beautiful!

Post a Comment