Thursday, December 16, 2010

This Advent is flying by, like most. Particularly fast this year, though, since we were all sick for about a week. I mean fevers, achy sick. No fun. It really was hard for me to stay on top of things around the house when each day, all the kids wanted me to do was sit with them. I can do that for a day or two...but six!


I just wanted to briefly write about a new trend with Rose: calling me when I'm out. I went out to Sam's tonight to get and drop off things for church. I said before I left, she could do the dishes with Sam. I guess she chose to make dinner instead. She called me early on about something, and soon she was asking all about dinner.

Rose: What button do you push to make the phone talk by itself?

Me: the orange one.

Rose: Okay. I got it. Put the roast- r-o-s-t-e, in the oven at when? hello?

Me: I'm still here. 7:20
Rose: Okay. Seven, dot, dot, two, oh. And then when did you say to put the bread in?

Me: 7:40. Seven four oh.

Rose: Okay. (long dissertation of chatter). hello?

Me: yeah, I'm still here.

Rose: how do you get the phone back?

Me: Push the talk button.


It was so fun, and funny. I think she called me no fewer than 9 times while I was out. I was putting things away at church, and she called. Fr. was there and said something, and I was like 'oh, it's just Rose. She's making dinner tonight and is full of questions.' "Oh." Not five minutes later, it rang again and he just laughed when I said it was her again.
And then when I was eight minutes away from home, she called because she said she just liked talking to me. It was so funny! I know she feels so grown up to know how to dial my number and reach me. I have to admit, I didn't mind it (except when trying to load the groceries in the van..in the cold...while talking on the phone!). And the dinner she made was sooooo nice to come home to.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh, to have a little girl who wants to make dinner! Hold her tight and love it!

Post a Comment