Sunday, December 19, 2010


Outside My Window::

::dark. cold. three day-old snow on the ground.


I am Listening to::

::the hum of the computer.


I am wearing ::

:: my grey/blue/black swirled church top, plaid jammy pants, cold bare feet!


I am Thankful For::

::Finally getting the tree up! Getting some good shopping deals today, and almost finishing my shopping altogether.


I am Pondering::

::How very long it was that the world waited for the Messiah to come. Wow. That's patience, and faith. I seem to renew that awe every year this time when we study the old testament, and Christ's genealogy. I just love it.


I am Reading::

:: :( no time. I started A Mother's Rule for Life- which I just loved. Then I got sick and haven't picked it up since.


From the Kitchen::

::gingerbread cookies last week. Hopefully a week's worth of dinners this week with no eating out! I have no magnificent plans for holiday cooking. I'd rather craft, decorate and wrap presents!


I am Thinking::

::this week is going to be quite busy. I better plan it out.


I am Creating::

:: :( nothing. I think this is the first year in forever I haven't stepped foot in a Jo-Ann's or Hancock this season. I miss Christmas sewing and crafting. Darn flu.


Towards a Real Education::

::Hmmm...we're still doing math. Lots of Advent/Christmas reading. Feeling like we're still getting some schooling done, but feel even more like Jan. will show us behind somewhere.


Towards Rhythm and Beauty::

::Still longing for a rhythm. And beauty? Not here- yet. Trying to get out of my seemingly eternal slump of ineffectiveness around the house. I've done a few things the last couple days that have really boosted my energy and desire to organize and decorate for Christmas.


To Live the Liturgy::

::Oh, I love the Advent liturgy, but we are sadly not in the swing of things this year. We were sick with the flu for a week! Our Jesse tree is not half completed. Our Advent candles are still burning, which is so lovely and comforting. Tonight, for the first time in a long time, it felt right. We read our 'O Antiphon' for the day, and even sang many verses of Veni, Veni Emmanuel. Come Jesus, come.


I am Hoping and Praying::

::for a special intention.

That I don't go crazy this week, and just enjoy this time leading up to Christmas.


Around the House::

::lots of stuff...stuff needing cleaned up (we are so in need of a great toy round-up), stuff needing sent out (toys, food and clothes to donate), and stuff needing put up- decorations!


On Keeping Home::

::Oh, at this time of year, I long for a bigger home. Our tree takes up space, as do decorations. I know things will turn out just fine, but I still anticipate being in a larger home and totally enjoying having a home for the holidays.


One of My Favorite Things::

::flannel sheets!


Blaise this week::

::sick for the first time. Fever, sneezy, snotty, clingy. He's getting over it.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week::

::Ha! Few!

Christmas cards.

Cleaning every nook and cranny of this house.

Decorating for Christmas.

Figuring out what I'm making for Christmas dinners...and then making them!

Staying on top of my kitchen chore and laundry.

Finishing up some last minute shopping.

Wrapping gifts while watching White Christmas.

Midnight Mass @ our new old church!


A Picture Thought I'm sharing::

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Beautiful children you have, just beautiful!

Post a Comment