Outside My Window:: ::a cool evening breeze. Love it. I am Listening to:: ::Blaise's breathing, and squirmy movements next to me. I am wearing :: ::a teal old navy tee, and brown gauchos. I am Thankful For:: ::this sweet little babe next to me. I am Pondering:: ::whether or not to have another piece of Easter candy. I am Reading:: ::In Praise of Stay-at-home Moms. I might have to buy this one. From the Kitchen:: ::Ha! A 'real' dinner tonight (I define 'real' as one that includes meat and two sides, one of them being a healthy green veggie). But the Ha is for the angel food cake dessert. I have a plethora of egg whites left from our Easter cooking, and I made an angel food cake. I am out of vanilla, so I used Almond flavoring...that I bought at the health food store...that smelled really strong...that made the cake taste like straight alcohol. There's no eating that. We'll try again later this week. I am Thinking:: ::of how time flies in the evening, and I can barely get a moment to myself. :: of how much I want to plant a garden, but I guess not enough to actually do it! I am Creating:: ::nothing. Just surviving day by day. On my iTunes:: ::tonight: Irish dance tunes. Rose and I actually practiced together! Hoorah! Rose can do glides correctly! Towards a Real Education:: ::we actually did school today- all afternoon. I've had somewhere to go every day this week, so I needed to get some schooling in somewhere! We'll probably take off tomorrow, and catch up on Friday. Towards Rhythm and Beauty:: ::The tulip and dandelions that accompany the Blessed Mother statue...compliments of Samuel. To Live the Liturgy:: ::So many distractions...does Rose's religion lesson count? I am Hoping and Praying:: ::for a family member whose loved one passed away. In the Garden:: ::my herb garden is looking so nice. There some weeds, and I'd like to bolster it with compost or fertilizer. I am eager to see what the perennials that I planted last fall will look like! Most are doing well. I found two sprouts of kale and two collard plants that survived the winter! I wish I had more kale. And I have a beautifully tilled veggie garden, just waiting to be used! But I can't decide what to plant and where, and I hate that we've already seen a groundhog poking around. It all makes me a little pessimistic about our garden. Around the House:: ::lots of clothes...and Easter stuff. Pretty cluttered. On Keeping Home:: ::trying to change over clothes. I usually love this task, but I don't see it getting done as smoothly as usual. One of My Favorite Things:: ::Blaise's smile and sounds. His movements and actions...so familiar of a little newborn! Blaise this week:: ::he stays awake for about an hour or two at a time, now. He delights us with so many smiles, and makes the sweetest little sounds. I think he's starting to laugh. His hand movements are becoming more controlled as he occasionally puts a fist in his mouth. A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:: ::park tomorrow. Cousins over Friday night. Plant a garden this weekend? Or maybe just continue to clean up the gardens and backyard.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Posted by
Dan and Peg
at
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sounds like you are doing well. I love this time of year too. Our clothes change over isn't going so smoothly right now either. It looks like the boys rooms threw-up tubs of clothes. This weekend? ;)
Post a Comment