I guess it's not just me. Seems like no one has time for blogging. It's spring!!! Too much else to do. I should so be in bed, but I wanted to mention some firsts we did this year.
Saturday was such a nice day. Dan worked outside busting up concrete (to lay bricks between the house and garage). We all helped. It was so great. I had a plan for dinner. That was so great. I think we watched a movie in the evening. Either way, it was a lovely day.
Sunday was the same. Mass, brunch, relaxing day at home. We went on our first bike ride of the season. Dan loaded the bikes in his truck, and we headed toward Beavercreek. We parked at the bike stop on Dayton-Xenia. We unloaded the bikes, and realized we forgot the bike seat that goes on the back of my bike! Dan went home to get it. He came back, and we got going. Sam was in the bike seat on my bike. Dan had DD and little Blaise in the trailer. Rose rode her own bike. I thought it was great. A little on the cool side. We went a bit slower because Rose was on her own bike, but I loved the pace. We taught Rose the ropes of riding on a path, people passing, etc. She had a blast! Can I repeat that? There was NO complaining. It was so nice to see her so happy. We did a total of about 4 miles. Blaise did great. He slept for a while, and then DD entertained him for a while. No crying, though. Everything was wonderful. And then at the end, Rose took a nosedive in the gravel. There was a paved parking lot, and connected to it was a lot of gravel. Not sure why. But we were riding in it here and there. Rose was riding, and took a sharp turn and just crashed and burned. The kids got a kick out of that phrase.
We ended up picking up pizza on the way home, and had a nice end to our wonderful day.
I hurriedly planted the veggie garden last week. Some of it. I am so not motivated! The groundhog appeared in the yard a couple times already. The soil is so...choppy! I forget that things do get better. The fruits of the harvest are definitely worth the reward.
But it's hard to find time. We're in major party planning mode now for DD's fifth birthday. It's going to be a camo army party. It's really fun looking for all the stuff and planning. But there's a lot of cleaning up to be done! The back yard is a mess. And then we decided to start these bricks. We've had them so long, I'm thrilled to be getting it done. But it is a bit of a rush to do it before his party. Hopefully it goes well, and we can finish it this weekend. It think it will make it so nice out there.
I'm not sure what else I wanted to blog about. I know definitely our bike ride. Now, well, now it is technically Rose's birthday. Cizza is coming over for the day and a sleepover, so I better get some sleep!!!
Loving spring, though. Loving all the perennials I planted and looking at the ones I planted last year, in eager anticipation of what they will look like. Like a birthday present or something. Just wish I could spend more time gardening. Too much else to do with the new babe in the mix.

0 comments:
Post a Comment