Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Daybook: spring evening, er, now morning.

Outside My Window::

::dark. cool (as in chilly).


::dawn.


I am Listening to::

::Dan's weird movie.


::the occasional sound of Blaise in our bed. Can't decide if it's a happy squeal, or cry. Think we're headed toward cries...this has to be quick.


I am wearing ::

:: Jammie t-shirt.


I am Thankful For::

::the groceries I got this evening. We have milk and fresh veggies!


::a hard working husband.


I am Pondering::

::about diets again. I talked to a mom briefly about a very weird diet they follow. I keep pondering if people are really supposed to be on diets that, well, are just so weird they limit them from doing things (mostly social). And if those diets really do all they say they do.


I am Reading::

::In Praise of Stay-at-home Moms. Just not as quickly as I would like.


From the Kitchen::

::first batch of sun tea! Raspberry sun tea. Mmmm.


::first grilled meal of the year: steaks and burgers. They were great!


I am Thinking::

::about that baby, as I usually do. We're pretty hardwired together at this point in time.


I am Creating::

::to-do lists. Only to not do them as quickly as I'd like.


On my iTunes::

::nothing new.


Towards a Real Education::

::Trying to finish up the school year. We seem to be hitting math and reading consistently.


Towards Rhythm and Beauty::

::Ahhh, the rhythm with a newborn. It's rush, rush, rush while he's asleep. Sit,and nurse and sit and nurse when he's awake. Really struggling sometimes with the cycle of constant interruptions, never feeling like I finish any job completely.


To Live the Liturgy::

::Went to noon Mass with all four yesterday. Blaise slept the whole time, so we were good. I think frequent confession is something that is really beneficial for me.


I am Hoping and Praying::

::for a friend due to have a baby this Friday.


In the Garden::

::love looking at all the perennials coming up. Still didn't get the veggie garden planted and they're calling for rain today, after five days of sunshine. Maybe I can get some seeds thrown out there this morning before the rain???


Around the House::

::I managed to pick up all the toys off the living room floor. Now to get those clothes tubs back to the attic...


On Keeping Home::

::some days it just seems so hard to stay afloat. I've found, though, if I get distracted by things like the phone or computer, it can really throw my day off. If I'm really motivated, I can put baby in the sling and do my chores, but that's tricky to do with laundry. It's way easier to just do it while he sleeps, when I'm supposed to!


One of My Favorite Things::

::purple creeping phlox.


Blaise this week::

::he's found his fist. It's so cute how he'll suck on it occasionally. He moves his hands and feet so much. He'll touch his face with his hands, involuntarily. It's all so cute. He smiles most every time he's awake. He'll make sounds, as if he's going to laugh. He loves to look at the ceiling fans. Oh, and this is the second day he's woken up with Dan and I...at 6am, and just talks to the fan for a while.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week::

::I've been thinking of this post since Monday, started it last night, and am just now getting around to finishing it, so the week's gone. My goal was to plant a garden. Dan was busy with taxes this week, so the only night to do it was last night, but he ran some errands after work, and dinner was way late, so no garden planted.

Dan started busting up the back sidewalk while he was grilling food last night. We want to lay bricks between the house and garage. I would love if that could happen before DD's birthday party!

We also went roller skating yesterday. I thought I'd have kids hanging all over me, but to my surprise, Rose found her cousin and I didn't see her for the rest of the time, practically. And DD did way better than I expected. He went around once with his aunt, once by himself, once with me, and I think again with his cousin. He did so well (granted, he was just walking on skates...but I'll take that!).


A Picture Thought I'm sharing::


0 comments:

Post a Comment