::chilly. Dark, with garage lights on. Dan is doing something out there.
I am Listening to::
::TV. Blaise's rapid breathing.
I am wearing ::
:: Cotton, polka dot jammie pants, dark purple shirt...that actually fits me.
I am Thankful For::
::this sweet baby that is quiet...half asleep.
I am Pondering::
::how I'm going to 'do this', meaning homeschool Rose, take care of the boys (entertain/discipline), laundry, lunch, dinner, dishes...oh, and the baby.
::how to make my cloth dipes work for me, despite their leakiness.
I am Reading::
::HA! I went to the library and got out a book on each: landscaping, coupons, home buying, and Dr. Laura's In Praise of Stay at Home Moms. I could've brought home five more. What was I thinking...I have no time to read!
From the Kitchen::
::hmmm...lots of pasta, unfortunately. It's so easy. We all love it. Oh, and a salad. After eating spinach salads for almost two weeks straight after Blaise was born, I ran out of spinach. I was really craving it again, so we had salad last night. Just a good ol' basic salad. It made me think of growing lettuce, and eating salad all spring long.
I am Thinking::
::how every time I get the kids in bed in time to watch House, it's a re-run.
::I think we've eaten dinner in front of the TV in more in the last two months, than in the last five years. When did dinner and Wheel a Fortune go together?
::if I drank water, instead of eating every time I craved a snack, I'd probably be better off, for one, and surely consume my daily allowance of water.
not too much deep thinking going on here.
I am Creating::
::nothing. No creativity going on right now, just survival.
On my iTunes::
::Taylor Swift- stay beautiful and best day. Can't get those out of my head, so I just keep playing them over and over.
Towards a Real Education::
::Really trying to get back into the swing of school...and not just one or two subjects a day, one or two days a week. I was looking a bit a Rose's books, and I think we could be done by the end of May/first week of June. When I look at things from that perspective, the school year looks very short for the amount of things I want to finish up.
Towards Rhythm and Beauty::
::Ahhh, rhythm. How I'd love that. We are settling, a bit. I know Blaise will nap at least one long nap a day. Sometimes waiting for that takes so much patience. Trying to make school automatic again. Trying to keep paced with laundry and dishes. Today wasn't very rhythmic, even though I did get some things done.
To Live the Liturgy::
::Just saying the words next week and holy week together depressed me a bit. It's all coming too fast! Confession this week, and some planning for next week. I think I'm just trying to keep it simple, and get through the bible stories in Rose's religion class, focusing on the story of the passion for next week.
I am Hoping and Praying::
::for patience.
In the Garden::
::lots of green! I wished I could've gotten out there last week when the weather was so warm. Not sure if I can add that in my schedule yet. I'm so excited to see the new blooms in the front garden of things I planted last fall. I am so curious to see what comes up! I am so hoping things grow in the back. I don't see any signs of lilly of the valley or hostas. :( I hope they survived. I hope the soil isn't the problem. I hope the things I planted in the herb garden survived. I can't tell. My herbs are coming back nicely, and the surprise was to see parsley! I thought it was an annual. I also wish we could've tilled a veggie garden, but that will take a little more planning.
Around the House::
::laundry baskets. Some of the clutter is getting to me, especially since I know how long something has been there, depending on how old Blaise is.
On Keeping Home::
::I had DD help me hang the clothes out last Sat. What joy! I love drying my clothes outside. I even took Blaise out with one load. Dan was in bed sick all day, so I kept busy with laundry, dinner, dishes- the usual. The sunshine and open windows made it a beautiful day.
One of My Favorite Things::
::my husband! Dan's had tonsillitis/strep throat this past weekend. It's pretty tough going all day taking care of things. It makes me really appreciate him, especially taking care of Sam in the middle of the night!
Blaise this week::
::His face looks rounder, and chubbier. He just looks bigger every day! He is staying awake, and alert, longer each day. I love that he smiles every day!!! It's so wonderful to be able to hold him, without him crying, and look in his eyes and talk to him, and be rewarded with his sweet smile!
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week::
::school. home. make dinner every night. Friday stations-at church- for the second time this lent (oh, that pains me). Confession...sat?
A Picture Thought I'm sharing::

1 comments:
Give it all time to find a rhythm, you don't have to tackle it all, all the time :) You're doing great!!
Post a Comment