Monday, March 22, 2010

Back in the saddle again...or...the spitup keeps a' flowin'

I felt relieved last week, when the stress of the baptism had passed, I was back to life as we knew it...er, well, sorta...like, trying to figure out 'normal' with this new little one.

I guess things went okay. Here we are at the beginning of another week, trying to do the same again.
I guess I feel like I'm officially back in the saddle after doing three loads of laundry Sat, and hanging them outside. I just love hanging clothes outside. Although, I had to put my blinders on to the rest of the mess in the back yard. Can't wait to clean up out there.
Sat. was okay. Dan came down with a fever...strep or tonsillitis. It was beautiful out, almost 70 degrees. The kids played outside a lot, so that helped immensely. We even got bikes out for the first time.
I really wanted to go to Meijer, so later in the evening, I started clipping coupons from my big stack of papers. I clipped, and organized. I was glad, but it got late, and I was too tired to go. But I did scope out some deals at Kroger and CVS. So I planned to go there Sunday.
Sunday, Dan was still sick, so I planned to go to Mass with Blaise. It was a long early morning, with Sam coming in our room, and crying and crying because he couldn't sleep with Dan, and there was no room with Blaise and I. I felt horrible about it, but at the same time, frustrated because I was so tired and just wanted him to sleep in his bed! He eventually did just that. By then, it was time for me to get up for Mass. I had to pick up donuts on the way. It all went fine. I was just pretty tired during Mass. I stayed, and thankfully had help when cleaning up after donuts. I thought nothing of going about my normal routine, with baby in sling. But one of the moms kept telling me to sit down. I eventually conceded, realizing I had this baby only a month ago. It was okay to let others help.
I came home, to children still in jammies, eating cereal. :) I was just so happy it was Sunday. The whole 'day of rest' thing was really ingrained in me that day, and I was so happy about that. I think it was even more anticipated since I had done so much the day before. So I enjoyed lounging, and resting, and planning my grocery trip.
I gave CVS a try. I know a few women that insist they have such phenomenal deals at CVS. I don't like that the rebate 'money' you get, is all in store credit. But I got a couple packs of diapers for only $4 each, and free toothpaste, and dish soap for .46, and Easter candy on sale. I'm gonna give this a try. I hope it's not more of a hassle.
Kroger went well. I stuck to the list, and saved a good deal. I heard a lot of comments in passing about the 'little baby'. He was in my baby bjorn. I was checking out and the cashier asked how old he was. Realizing, once again, he was still only a month old. It kinda registered...what the heck was I doing in a grocery with this baby!!! Oh well. I felt good about it all. I got some bare minimum things for Easter baskets, in case I don't get another chance to go out alone.
So I feel like I'm back, like there's nothing I can't do. Much as I'd love to rest on the couch for another two weeks, I can't. Life calls. I do still get a nap every afternoon, and I savor that down time. I'm not giving that up for a while.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Keep taking those naps, it'll get you your much needed rest!!

Jodie said...

You always amaze me after you have a baby, it doesn't seem to slow you down a bit. You seem to have it all together and can tackle anything with all the kids in tow with a smile on your face!
:-)

Post a Comment