Outside My Window:: ::Dark. No idea if it's cold or cool, or what. I am Listening to:: ::Blaise's rhythmic breathing as he sleeps on my lap. Dan's weird, way-too-sci-fi-for-me movie. I am wearing :: ::floral cotton jammies I am Thankful For:: ::dinner with no complaining tonight. I am Pondering:: ::trying to remember what I was pondering earlier today. Too tired to recall now. :( I am Reading:: ::trying to read my 'The Liturgical Year' book, for lent. From the Kitchen:: ::I made a real meal tonight. My first since Blaise has been born. Mini meatloaves from the freezer, baked potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower. Mmmm. Fresh veggies. All around yummy meal. I am Thinking:: ::postpartum hormones, or whatever it is, really impairs my decision making. I've gotten pretty tired out trying to decide things the last few days. I'm ready for someone to take charge for the next few weeks and I'll come along for the ride! I am Creating:: ::a baptismal gown. It's lovely so far. It's going to be more simple than the one I made for Samuel. Fun to make, though. Towards a Real Education:: :: First day back to school today! Cleaning off the school desk was a task in and of itself. We did math. Somehow, we just never got around to anything else. Towards Rhythm and Beauty:: ::fresh flowers in the house: beautiful. We're falling into a sort of rhythm, where Blaise will wake up around 8am or so, and after a couple hours sleep for the rest of the morning, and then again for a long stretch in the afternoon. And the evening as well! He's growing. :: I'm nowhere near a rhythm with any chores yet. Laundry might be the closest thing, but still not yet. But Sam is keeping tabs on the trash. He goes around saying 'trash chores'. He loves to do it. He'll collect all the small trash cans in the house, I'll help him dump them in a bag, and then he sprays all the trash cans with Lysol spray- his favorite part. He's keeping all those dirty diapers out of the house! To Live the Liturgy:: :: Trying to commit to saying prayers while I nurse Blaise, first thing in the morning...before the kids eat, before the computer is on, or tv. Even better, before the kids wake up! :: I got to slip away to stations last Friday- just Blaise and I. They weren't at our parish. I look forward to attending that lenten ritual with my family this week, at our church. (I like St. Alphonsus stations). I am Hoping and Praying:: ::for a friend of mine who is mourning the loss of her friend's five year old daughter, due to a car accident. In the Garden:: ::I'm not ready for this yet! I thought I would get to hibernate longer than this, but the weather was beautiful today. Spring is coming soon, and tilling and planting will be a part of it. I so want to do that, and can't wait. At the same time I want to take a few more weeks to hold my baby and take naps. Around the House:: :: fresh flowers. Rose got some flowers when she danced at her recital on Sat. I got to take some tulips home from the brunch we had at church on Sunday. Pretty pink tulips really say 'spring'! On Keeping Home:: ::Well, I feel like this is my first week of 'back to normal'. I woke up with Dan, and felt okay about it, until Sam and Rose woke up too- and stayed up! I went back to bed. The house has amazingly stayed pretty clean. One of My Favorite Things:: ::Blaise's little soft, fuzzy head. Napping with him on the couch in the afternoon. Blaise this week:: :: Each day I wake up, it looks like he's grown a little more, he's a little heaver. He's starting to look a bit chubbier in the face. I'm saddened he doesn't quite look like a new newborn anymore. A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:: ::sew, sew, sew. fix some food for the Baptism on Sunday. Stations on Friday. Hopefully not too much more than that.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Daybook
Posted by
Dan and Peg
at
Monday, March 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love the newborn days and regretted them slipping away more with each baby, they go so quickly! Cherish them and take lots of pictures!
Glad to hear you are doing well and slowly getting into a new groove as a family of six. I always forget to cut myself some slack with the adjustment period :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment