Thursday, March 22, 2012

Oh yeah, THAT phase of motherhood

So pregnancy and birth behind me, and now we're in the full throes of postpartum motherhood. Gone is my meticulously clean house. I sit and look and look at that basket of clothes that needs folded. Needed folded for almost a week now! Maybe it's because it's in my living room which makes it a bit more annoying than if it were conveniently tucked away in a bedroom or laundry room where it couldn't remind me that the laundry needed folding! Ah, but I gladly hold my warm baby and feed him, and know the folding can wait.

Gone are the soothing, long bubble baths that punctuated my last trimester of pregnancy. Now we've moved into 'hurry up before the baby wakes' showers. BUT, at least I get a shower every few days, or so.
Gone are the cooking in bulk and freezing every last thing I could. Now we indulge in all the fruits of my labors. Wait, not really. We have been SO blessed this time around to have so many meals made and delivered to us!!!! What a blessing! Tuesday, I took Rose to dance, with all the kids, and when we returned, I made dinner. Ruben sandwiches and potato pancakes. The corned beef was already cooked, so I just made the potato pancakes. We ate at 8p. I'm thoroughly convinced that new moms should just get meals delivered to them for the first six months of that baby's life. It just makes things ever so much easier! Ah, but I am so truly grateful to all those families that helped us out, in any way, this time around. The transition to this phase of motherhood has been so gradual, and such a good way to get adjusted to having a little one around again.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Glad you could take the transition slow! And that I could bring a meal and meet the new little guy. He's a cutie!

Post a Comment