Friday, August 5, 2011

August Already Daybook


Outside My Window::

::dark. Not so hot.


I am Listening to::

::Cole Porter


I am wearing ::

:: deep royal blue tee, same color cotton shorts. Comfy.


I am Thankful For::

::

~a working washing machine.


~finally getting to visit a dear friend and her new bundle of joy.


~a really hard-working husband.


~a husband who isn't afraid to put this outspoken, free-wielding woman "in her place". Okay, in nicer terms, I'm thankful my husband and I have a mutual respect for each other, and on certain things, when push comes to shove, he is the head of this house, and I recognize that, and am SO thankful for that dynamic.


I am Pondering::

::what to do tomorrow. I want to scrap every responsibility in life and just finish this kitchen. Not really possible.


I am Reading::

::10 Habits of Happy Moms. This is one of those life-changing books, where I'm actually struggling to get through some of it. It's really reaching me at many levels, and I don't know that I'm doing so well with that.


One Thousand Gifts.


A Mother's Rule of Life. This is great, but requires a lot of 'homework'. I'm a little behind on that, so it's got me a little reluctant to pick it up!


From the Kitchen::

::Still making dinners most nights, which I am very proud of. Sauteed fish tonight. Fresh beets, cucumber salad. And FABULOUS muffins with everything in them. From a friend's kitchen. Thanks Maryann!!


I am Thinking::

::I was thinking of a lot of posts I wanted to write. I've been thinking about the things in the 10 Habits. I mull on that stuff a bit. Maybe just where I am in life right now makes me contemplate things a lot.


I am Creating::

::Well, still trying to create that kitchen.


Towards a Real Education::

::Still reading Little House. Plans on doing major school planning Aug. 16.


Towards Rhythm and Beauty::

::Hard to with this kitchen!!! I guess I'm very compartmental and I want to finish one thing before I start another. Never before have I felt like I have so many loose ends in my life, due to lack of rhythm and order! I keep telling myself it will not be this way forever. It will get better. I just have a hard time getting past the kitchen issue, and resolving to find and keep a rhythm for the rest of the house.


To Live the Liturgy::

::Trying to stay afloat. Hoping to NOT miss some great August feast days. Okay, that prompted me to look up the Catholic calendar to find those feasts. Now, and for quite some time, I've wanted to have that Catholic calendar on my Google. My attempt was futile. Anyone know how to do this??? It would help me immensely.


I am Hoping and Praying::

::for some family members.


that a November Anniversary trip gets planned somewhere in all this chaos we call our life.


In the Garden::

::Ha!


Around the House::

::Ha, again! Okay, no more drawers in the living room. Just some overflow tools and kitchen things.


Lots of laundry needing done.


Fruit flies. So many of the blasted things in the kitchen. We're using the kitchen, as a kitchen, while re-doing the kitchen. Makes for one big kitchen mess, of all kinds. Including fruit flies. Ugh.


On Keeping Home::

::

This:


Lodged just so, making me think my washing machine was broken. It was only discovered upon removing the wet clothes in order to wash them elsewhere. And thanks be to God, upon removal, the washer worked once again. (Okay, and what kind of nutty wife am I: before this discovery, Dan's assessment was that the motor was probably fried, and we'd need to think about getting a new one. AND I SAID NO! No to a new, front load washer! Most women would jump at the excuse to get one. No, I'm quite content with this one until it really breaks...I mean unfixably breaks. Crazy wife).


One of My Favorite Things::

::my new cabinet and countertop in the kitchen where there was not one before.


Blaise this week::

::Went potty a few times very successfully!! Yeah!


Imitates everyone. "doing an Irish dance, HEY!" He walks around mumbling, then shouting "HEY!"


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week::

::A stove in the house by Monday??? Would be Sunday, but we're going to a lovely baptism and party all day. Yeah!


A Picture Thought I'm sharing::





1 comments:

Elizabeth Williams said...

Beautiful!!! Come and redo our kitchen next!

Post a Comment