Thursday, February 17, 2011

Long time since I've blogged daybook

Outside My Window::

::dark, windy, unusually mild for February.


I am Listening to::

::the computer. Finding something mellow on itunes. Hold on. Pie Jesu would pop up.


I am wearing ::

:: jeans. fleece hoodie. bare feet that are not freezing.


I am Thankful For::

::so, so many loving people in my life. My family.


I am Pondering::

::my dad. His life. My life. My siblings. My family.


I am Reading::

::wishful thinking reading right now. Haven't picked up a book in a while.


From the Kitchen::

::made dinners all this week. It wasn't so bad. I knew it would be crazy busy, so I made a couple meals ahead.


I am Thinking::

::of my dad. Whenever there is quiet, thoughts of him creep in, to the point I feel like crying, though I'm not sure exactly why. It's still all so weird.


I am Creating::

::????


On my iPod::

::lots of Pie Jesu, or big band tunes.


Towards a Real Education::

::Well, we did two solid days of school this week. And an 'official' school valentine's party. Does that count?


Towards Rhythm and Beauty::

::Hmmm..rhythm is coming back slowly but surely. I don't want to get too far off the beaten path with school and chores, etc. Meals this week have gone quite well. Laundry is another story. Lots of laundry to tackle. When, I don't know.


To Live the Liturgy::

::I feel like I'm in a spiritual lull...waiting to be bounced to whatever comes next. I feel like it's been that way ever since my dad's stroke. Life is rolling full speed, and I don't really know how to slow it down. I just keep going at this pace, getting through whatever I have to do. Except my rosary group. I took great comfort in meeting with them last Friday, and hope to do the same this Friday.


I am Hoping and Praying::

::that my dad's house and all his estate gets figured out in a peaceful, timely manner.


In the Garden::

::I ventured out today since it was so mild. Looked at my herb garden a bit. Just can't seem to muster up interest in gardening when I have some other huge goals going on now.


Around the House::

::Signs that we've been home- toys about the living room, sprinkled with clothes here and there, dishes piled by the sink.


On Keeping Home::

::Well, I feel like I am down to operating the bare minimum at homemaking, since I'm spending quite a bit of time cleaning out my dad's house. I am not tremendously overwhelmed...yet. I did make Dominic mop my kitchen floor...as a punishment for something he did. I keep thinking I should make my kids do chores like this all the time! Gosh, it was nice, and now I have a clean floor!


One of My Favorite Things::

::My children. Being away from them for hours at a time, leaving my little ones in the care of very competent, trusted others still leaves them longing for me. I don't mind in a bit. I scoop them up and hold them and hold them and love them. My vocation of being here for them, day in and day out, is so important. It's nice to see proof of that. I need them too!



Blaise this week::

::What a sweet personality my boy is developing! We had such a fabulous day today. I can't believe he'll be one on Sunday. Today he was making more talking sounds, and just letting me hold him, and shaking his head around in a silly way, like his brothers. Just all sooo cute.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week::

::Meeting Pioneer Women tomorrow night! Can't wait to spend some much needed girl time with some of the best gals out there!!! Then Sat. will be a day long of cleaning at Dad's followed by an evening dinner party for February birthdays in my side of the family. Hopefully Sunday can be a true day of rest.


A Picture Thought I'm sharing::

What are the odds. I'm on the back computer, but I can't find the cord to the camera! So no pics today. :(

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Glad you are hanging in there! So excited to hang out tonight!

Post a Comment