Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial daybook

Outside My Window::

::dark. humid.


I am Listening to::

::11:00 news...weather.


I am wearing ::

::jammie tee shirt- Gotta eat, breath, sleep Irish dance

I am Thankful For::

::air conditioning!


I am Pondering::

::If I would've never married Dan, I would've never met his cousin. :)


I am Reading::

::Hmmm...got a lot of good reads from the homeschool conference. Haven't started them yet!


From the Kitchen::

::lots of dirty dishes. Need to get back in the saddle again.


I am Thinking::

::a lot about last Friday.


I am Creating::

::


On my iPod::

Towards a Real Education::

::scheduled an assessment for Rose. Have to gather her info from the year.


Towards Rhythm and Beauty::

::Falling into a bit of a rhythm of going about with Blaise and the kids. I'm not so afraid of it. I like going out in the evening with Blaise, or running a quick errand without him. He's started waking up at 6:30am. That means he takes about three naps a day. It's a very familiar rhythm. Having a baby. Lazily trying to wake up and do something in the morning when baby is content lying there talking to the kids (or the ceiling fan). Or just holding him all morning, then kicking it in high gear and working like mad when he takes his long nap. And begging the kids not to wake him up! Or just being lazy with him all morning, and afternoon, and slugging along not sure what I'm supposed to be doing that day, and when I settle on doing something, I can't because he's awake and if I put him down he'll cry. So I just hold him. And when he falls asleep, I wander around, not remembering it was that I had to do earlier when I couldn't because I was holding the baby! I know it sounds nuts, but that is our rhythm. Good days, bad days, really efficient, smooth, fulfilling days, really lazy, sluggish, can't-seem-to-get-one-thing-done days, happy days of getting just one thing done. We have them all.


To Live the Liturgy::

::a lovely may crowning after Mass today. A bit mixed up more than I would've liked, but I loved singing the Marian hymns, and praying a litany to the BVM!


::may crowning with pray and play last week was just lovely. We had 20+ kids in the front yard to pray the rosary and then crown our statue out front.


I am Hoping and Praying::

::for my sister and her family.


In the Garden::

::Lots of dry plants! Lots of weeds...almost too many. I pulled all the radishes and planted peppers and tomatoes. I weeded the herb garden a while ago and it's great. The front flowerbed is so lovely.


Around the House::

::well, lots of mess. One of those weeks. Half done laundry. Some garage sale stuff needing a home. Lots of dishes.


On Keeping Home::

::Ha! See above. i think I have my work cut out for me tomorrow. Oh, I guess I shouldn't beat myself up so much. The mess is because we spent the whole day Sat. cleaning out the garage. It looks soo great!


One of My Favorite Things::

::my sweet little blaisy.


Blaise this week::

::He chews, chews on those fingers. It's really cute to watch. Talking a lot more. He'll even kinda purse his lips to say 'ooo'.


A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week::

::Hmmm...half off thrift store finds tomorrow? Lots of housework. Blogging? Our LLL fundraiser. Corpus Christi procession. Lots.


A Picture Thought I'm sharing::


1 comments:

Janelle said...

I too, am glad you married my cousin! It was great to see you on Sunday-we loved that you stayed all day!

Post a Comment