Thursday, February 26, 2009


I felt like a real homeschooling mom yesterday.  It was Ash Wednesday, and I actually planned out some of the things we are going to do for lent this year.  That morning, Rose and I put together our paper chain.  We get to take one off each day.  It's pretty cool.

We went to noon Mass, had a modest pb&j lunch, and then went to work making a road map, forty squares long to put on the frig.  I drew it and helped the kids color it.  It was fun.
There's still a couple things to be done to it.  As you can see, the kids peetered out on coloring.  Dominic lasted a lot longer than I expected, and surprisingly, Rose got board coloring very quickly.  We'll probably add more color as time goes on.  Oh, we also have to make the magnetic cars to go with it so the kids can move them along! It was a lot of fun to make.  I love all the ideas I've found for this lent.  I think it's going to be a really good time for our family to grow closer to Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment