My sorely neglected blog has been replaced with real estate search engines.
But I wanted to write about just another great day.
I was up early with the boys...Joseph and Blaise are 7am risers. Dan and Rose went to early Mass, and I went to St. Albert's at 9:30 with Sam. DD had a fever. And we were scheduled to look at a house in Troy at noon.
All went fine.
The property was lovely. Lots of landscaped trees, and a stream on the edge. 3.5 acres. Huge house. I wasn't thrilled with the house layout, but I knew it was big enough we could make it work. Dan liked it. I could tell. But, it's bank owned. I was reluctant to get my hopes up, as I explained to Dan. Although we didn't say it, we both left thinking it was kinda too good to be true...not to mention the slim chance of all the financing to work out on a bank-owned property.
We got home, and I was sitting in the van with the two sleeping littles. After a few minutes, Dan came out, and told me the realtor from the Kitridge house just called. Hmmm....
Rewind. Four days ago we put a bid on a house on Kitridge Rd. It took us at least a month from the time we saw the house. Lots of thinking going on. We finally put in a pretty low bid (higher than what we originally said we'd bid!), expecting a counter offer. We got a call back the next day saying our offer had been rejected. No counter. OK. I was a little bummed. But not devastation. I think it's by the grace of God I didn't take it harder than I did. Dan, on the other hand was right back looking at houses. The realtor kept calling, to discuss the situation. We saw it as pointless. We had been told the owner rejected offers 10k more than what we offered. This guy was not budging. I called the realtor back, and told him we were going to walk from the house. I explained it as our highest bid for negotiation would probably be his lowest, and we understood that it just wouldn't work out. He kinda surprised me by asking how much that was, and when I told him, he said he'd run that past the selling realtor. I got off the phone, kinda shaking my head, thinking he's wasting his time. I seriously didn't give it another thought.
We got home today, and Dan came out to the van to tell me, that he ran the price past the selling realtor, and the owner would accept it. He just wanted it in writing.
????????
But we'd moved on! We were looking at this other house, beginning the workings to see if it would fit for us. And now? Back to this other house? When we wrote off that house, I thought of the cons to it- the things that weren't so great about it, looking for consolation. Now, it's back in front of us. I wasn't sure how to feel. I had pretty much convinced myself it wasn't worth it. But I allowed myself to think of the pros to this house. There really were a lot of good things about it.
So we met with the realtor and revised our offer. I'm still a little in disbelief. We'll see what tomorrow holds.
On a different note, I just want to mention how well things have been going. I am so aware of God's presence in my life, helping and guiding me along. I am so, so grateful for the things I've learned at counselling about myself, and my life. In some ways, I can't even believe how and why things are sooo much better with me. I have a better outlook on things, and am just plain happier! But the biggest thing is also being at peace. I am at peace with the way I see things, and deal with them. This, in turn, makes for a more joy-filled, meaningful life! It may kinda seem like nothing. And believe me, sometimes I think it's weird to be so aware, or joyful over things that can seem very everyday and routine. But I guess when I compare it to where I was a year ago...I'm in a much better place. :)
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Posted by
Dan and Peg
at
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WHAT!!!!!! The back and forth with this house is killing me! (sorry, not to make it more difficulty for you, because really my part in this is very removed).
I'm hoping for the best for you guys - cause really I would also really, really love it if you found a place in Troy!
I'm saying a prayer. That's all I can do.
I didn't know about any of this! I vote with Mary for Troy. I want you all up here with us! But like Mary, I understand my vote isn't worth much :) Keep us posted!!
Tell me about it Mary!!! Thank you for the prayers. I'll let you all know what happens!
Post a Comment