Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I've been wanting to post about the new year and all, since the beginning of the new year. :) This is about right for how behind I am with such things. :)

We had a blast with cousins over and had a fondue party. I never made fondue before, so I spent quite a bit on the fancy cheese and wine to make this classic sauce. Then I winged it making another cheese sauce with beer and plain old cheddar. Honestly, I didn't really like either. The kids tried, and dipped, but no one really thought it was the greatest thing ever. It was an awful lot of fun, though.
After cleaning up dinner, and some party music to clean up the toys a bit, we settled into watching an episode of Star Wars, our current movie series. Following that we delighted in chocolate fondue, which everyone did love. That took us close to midnight. We watched the ball drop, popped a few streamer firecrackers, and put all to bed. It was a really fun night. And I survived the whole night!! I was amazed.

So I don't usually make resolutions of any sort. I have been pondering a few things, though. I've read on other blogs about choosing one word to put into practice over the course of the year. Kind like a theme for the year. I like that idea. I have to admit, I'm not really thrilled with the word I came up with, but it just kept coming back to me. ACCEPTANCE.

Those definitions don't exactly describe what I envision when I see this word, but I can make it work. My acceptance has mostly to do with accepting anything, everything that the Creator sends me- day by day, moment by moment. It encompasses things like belief, and trust, and patience. It also means to me accepting others as they are: the good, the bad, the ugly, and again, being patient, charitable, trusting, that God has a plan for them, too. God is good, all the time. I am going to try to accept his goodness in whatever form it takes.

The other thing on my mind for the new year is a lovely theme song. I think this one will fit nicely.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

I like a theme for the year, much better than resolutions!

Post a Comment