Sunday, August 8, 2010

I should be asleep. Long ago asleep. But I'm just checking in before the beginning-of-my-new-life week. We have VBS all this week, needing to be there at 9a (ha!). I'm going to stay awake after Dan goes to work. I'm going to have this house in ship shape order for my busy fall ahead. I'm going to get things back on track and have some much needed order and routine in life. Starting tomorrow.


And just a quick note about our delightful evening. We took a quick bike ride to a new bike trail we never tried before. We packed the bikes in the truck, and found the trail starts close to Meijer. I think it was the most beautiful bike trail I've ever been on. It was only a couple miles long, if that. It was almost all shaded by beautiful trees. Rose rode her bike, and Dan and I rode with the kids in tow. It was just so so lovely. It's so nice to daydream while biking! I thought of lovely party ideas for the future. When we finished, the sun was setting in a beautiful sky. We had a rowdy trip to Meijer to pick up a few things, that took way longer than I wanted, that ended in a late dinner, late bedtimes. And yeah, tomorrow. That whole new early routine is supposed to start. :)
I better go to bed. And drift off to dreams of triathlons. Ah, now that is for another post.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Ohh, a triathlon? My interest is piqued! I've been toying with the idea as well, but I'd have to do canoeing, I'm not much of a swimmer. Maybe in anther year or so...

Diane said...

What exactly are you trying to teach me through this post? ;)

I'm glad I finally found your little spot on the net. I really enjoyed talking with you this week and look forward to getting to know you better.

Peace!

Post a Comment